Charlotte

by 9 1/2 on Yahoo. ouch!

I have been thinking of nothing but this game for the past 4 days. I believe it is the bellweather game for the rest of the season. It is the one of the next three we have the best chance of winning.

Go Bills! Play smart and hard! Listen to UB, he will bring us home a winner.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

Went to the Charlotte Observer site...no pre game writeup? I got the date wrong last year; this is game day right? Anyways, will be at Haldon screaming for the Bills. I think the keys are we can't let Brown and Pavlich get hot with the 3's. You dig yourself a hole on the road the home crowd gets going and it all seems to snowball downhill. IO has to play big tonight on D. Charlotte can score from inside too and from their stats they get their share of offensive reb's. Of course, most 3 pt teams do well in that category. Out of the 3 road games this is the one I think is most winnable for the Billikens. UAB scares the hell out of me and Memphis, well we just never seem to beat them at home. Also, we start with a solid road win who knows how the other two come out...confidence is a great equalizer. But am convinced this is the heart of the season for us. Downside: we lose all 3, are we done for the NCAA? No, but it means we have to beat UL or UC, and DePaul on the road. Also, can not stumble in any of our home games. That gives us 11-5 in CUSA. We'd probably have to win two in CUSA tourney to be on the bubble. Whew that's a tall order. See you in Charlotte Al.

Bring home a winner, SLU72.

We'll all be watching here in St. Louis. As someone else said, I've been thinking about this one since Saturday at 2:45 p.m. I think that's the first time I can say that in a long while, thinking about a Bills game that far in advance, looking forward to it, and thinking we can win this thing. It would make the next 10 days a lot easier if we won tonight. We get that road win we're looking for on the trip out of the way and can breathe a sigh of relief as we play UAB and Memphis, knowing that losing those two games doesn't necessarily kill us (althought it'd be nice to sweep all three.)

This is so exciting. It's like 1994-95 all over again. That realization after a long slump that your team may have what it takes (Sorry. Going to the dance in 2000 was great, but that was an up-and-down, frustrating team to watch, and the 1998 team, we were just two years removed from the tourney and had Hughes and almost expected to be there. In reality, this has been a frustrating and inconsistent program since 1996).

My apologies for bringing up the past. Let's get a solid win tonight and celebrate til Saturday at 6:30.

Link to article in today's Post - SLU is about to begin critical 3-game stretch, By Stu Durando

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...+3-game+stretch

Bills are on page 3, while Mizzou & Illini (even thought they don't play till Sat) are on page 1. Their beginning to piss me off with their poor story placement.

To win tonight the Bills need to DOMINATE inside the paint. Tommie F needs to step it up big time tonight.

Posted on Wed, Jan. 28, 2004

Saint Louis another in line of tough games

Cincinnati to follow in key Conference USA stretch for Charlotte

LEONARD LAYE

Staff Writer

The Charlotte 49ers are walking a tightrope through the ever-tight upper rungs of the Conference USA men's basketball standings. Now they have to be careful that it doesn't turn into a plank walk.

The 49ers (11-5, 3-2) are off to their best overall start since the 1996-97 season.

Yet they have dropped two of their past three and now face two more tough ones, meeting Saint Louis (11-5, 4-1) at 7:30 tonight at Halton Arena and Cincinnati (14-1, 5-1) Saturday on the road.

"When you don't win at home it really hurts because it's so tough to win on the road in this league," coach Bobby Lutz said. "This league is so good this season."

That's part of the dilemma today. Charlotte has an urgent need to win in light of league losses at Memphis and at home Saturday to UAB, but Saint Louis is another in a line of tough games.

The Billikens' 4-1 conference record, the school's best since the 1997-98 season, gives them 11 wins in their past 12 C-USA games in a string that began last season. Their lone league loss was by two points at Marquette, and they just wrapped up a 3-0 homestand.

"We're happy that we're 4-1 but realize that we've got some tough work ahead of us in the next six weeks," coach Brad Soderberg said. "... I did make our guys aware that we're off to a great start but four of the five teams (the Billikens have beaten in C-USA) have losing records. So we do have the toughest part of our schedule ahead of us."