Scout.com Spring class of 2008 top 100

Look more closely...where have many of those kids been from? Ohio. Who have most of those kids been friends with?... each other and current Ohio St. players. Perhaps SLU just needs to uproot and plant itself in the state of Ohio? Thad Matta is a good coach and recruiter, but he isn't THAT good...nobody is...

I dont know. I know Woods and Carawell came out together in 1996. I dont know who else came with them. Larry Hughes and Johnnie Parker is probably another duo. Good question. Mo Baker is from the area, and he came out somewhere in there. That might make one of the groups a trio. Yeah, its pretty significant. Its a shame that Swopshire had to go to an Academy to get the recognition. There has always been this stigma that Illinois basketball is so much greater than st. louis. Yes, its better, but its not night and day, a lot STL kids could go to academies and camps and grade out as well as Illinois players.