Bernie RIPPING SLU and for good reason this time

SLUDrew

WE ISSUED A PRESS RELEASE SAYING SLU HAD "HISTORIC SEASON??????"

Many times I think Bernie and Randy take unwarranted pot shots at SLU but this is well-warranted. If this season is considered historic then we are all just spitting in the wind to think things will ever improve.

They were actually laughing at us. Randy incorporated SLU into a commercial for Lasik saying SLU supporters need Lasik to see that the glass is half empty.

Do the powers-that-be at SLU think we are all mentally challenged? Do they think we are such lemmings that we will all continue to buy tickets no matter what product they put on the floor? I am actually starting to feel that we are being patronized and I don't like it at all.

Yeah, that upsets me quite a bit as well. No postseason to me falls somewhat short of "historic"...

What would they have said if we won 24 games and made the tourney, and even managed a 2nd round exit? "Bills End Miracle Season"? "Soderberg is GOD"?

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed with this season, although I think we can all agree that "The Streak" last year was pretty aggravating. This season was NOT a success. It was NOT something to be proud of. Was it an improvement? YES, it was. We had BETTER keep improving or we're gonna look real silly in that new arena. Like that 6 foot tall blonde billikens cheerleader taking bets at a leg press machine.

Making excuses too...

"Playing in their third game in three days, the Billikens struggled against a well-rested George Washington team..."

Not G-Dub's fault we were a lower seed. Are they supposed to run wind sprints for a half-hour before the game so that it's "fair"?

Its sad when the season ticket holders have higher standards for the program then the administration. This really Tees me off. Makes me think twice about the Billiken Club I signed up for and also even bothering with the season tickets. Why spend money on something content on being average?

Drew looks for reasons to get worked up. I read that release and it's a typical puff piece for the kids issued by the AD's dept. What the Hell do you expect them to say? Have you ever read a media guide? The use of the word "historic" is a poor choice of words as the writer never goes on to say what is historic about the season except that it's over. Did you expect to see an acknowledgement that things aren't as we would wish? Get serious. As to whether you should continue to support the program, everyone has to make their own decision on that. I would certainly not advise one to follow a course of action they found aggravating or unrewarding. I could literally care less what the tubs on the radio think.

I too can care less about what tubs says on the radio. But, how does the administration let that get released to the media? Why would they want to praise a, in brads words, dissapointing season? I dont care if my 12 year old nephew wrote it, this shouldnt get released unless you really believe it was a historic season. BTW, im the one of the most optimistic billiken fan you can find-and get ripped often for it.

What do I expect them to say? Nothing, no one is forcing them to put this out.

Overall the article was a typical PR piece. The use of the word "Historic" in the headline was unfortunate. Can someone out there contact SLU to at least try to get that word dropped on the website?

So what if that would be seen as a subsequent remedial measure. SLU does not need another week full of ridicule in the STL press.

They didn't have to issue a release at all.

In doing so they obviously felt compelled to attempt to get out ahead of the story. In other words, they knew what would be coming this week from a media standpoint and they made a feeble attempt at spinning this season in their favor. If they thought the Bills would get nothing but praise this week from the media, why issue such a release?

I think it's pathetic and embarrassing to those who support the program.

A puff piece to end the season is fine (and expected), but this a microcosm for how things are run over there (the sloppy use of the word "historic") and it shines some light on how the athletic dept. views the program.

Who said they expected a press release that acknowledged things gone wrong?

"As to whether you should continue to support the program, everyone has to make their own decision on that."

I'll assume that's directed elsewhere.