SLU out of NIT

moytoy12

I'm not here to start a fight (that's why I won't respond to the "Mid-Major Bid Trend" thread.) I just wanted to congratulate you and your kids (especially the seniors) on a good season. I know you wanted into the NIT, and I think you should've been in. Have a good off-season, and I look forward to our game in Springfield next season.

another disappointing year for SLU basketball. IMO, SLU did not have a chance to make it in the NIT and I would be very surprised to see them as the last two or three teams out. Show me who said that and what the other teams were. SLU just did not do well enough in their conference and cannot win on the road, plain and simple. Very few "quality" wins and the NIT committee was not going to give SLU a road game as I think we all knew that St. Charles was the only hope for a home game and IMO, the NCAA has given up on that damn arena. It sucks for college bb!!!

Well, I guess we can all sit back and enjoy the "quality" basketball that we will be watching the next three weeks and hope that one day we will be watching SLU in one of these games.

In some ways I think we are better off taking our 20-12 record and trying to improve on that as we could easily lose the first game of the NIT; I sure wish Air Force would tell the NCAA to keep its NIT

invitation as they deserved to be in the big Dance-I don't get it-they have been great the last two years

The season effectively ended for me at about 6:13 p.m. tonight, PDT.

From now on, I watch as an interested observer and fan, but the passion is in hibernation. We're considering making the trip to Sacramento on Thursday. UCLA, Gonzaga, and Washington State will all be there, so tickets will probably be scarce. GW from the A-10 is there too. Gonzaga, in particular, travels well. Arco Arena sits around 17,000.

I hope I get there, as that Indiana v. Gonzaga 7-10 game should be a good one. And the winner likely gets UCLA in Round 2 on Saturday.

Some out here think UCLA got shafted with a #2 seed. But UCLA still will not have to leave California to make the Final 4, as the West Regional is in San Jose. Cal Bear fans are taking solace in the belief that their Golden Bears knocked UCLA out of a #1 seed by beating the Bruins in the Pac-10 Tournament.

Agree with Air Force as well as Drexel. How in the world was Drexel left out? And Stanford in?

Joe Lunardi was 63 out of 65 correct in his predictions and his incorrect ones were Illinois and Old Dominion, I believe. He had Syracuse and Drexel in if memory serves me.

So all in all, I think the committee did good once again. There is always one or two teams that can go either way. That is the beauty of college bb.

It's awesome baby!!!!

>Agree with Air Force as well as Drexel. How in the world

>was Drexel left out? And Stanford in?

>

>Joe Lunardi was 63 out of 65 correct in his predictions and

>his incorrect ones were Illinois and Old Dominion, I

>believe. He had Syracuse and Drexel in if memory serves me.

>

>So all in all, I think the committee did good once again.

>There is always one or two teams that can go either way.

>That is the beauty of college bb.

>

>It's awesome baby!!!!

Lunardi was also 11 for 32 in his top 8 lines of NCAA predictions.

Come on, are you saying that is good or bad? It is basically a crapshoot to predict those seedings. No one knows what the committee is debating on and where they place the teams. That is irrelevant IMO. Actually, to accurately predict 11 seedings is fairly impressive. I am sure you faired better though, right? The man is pretty damn good and he has always been nearly perfect in predicting tournament bids. That was the purpose of my post. Not how he failed to predict the actual seedings of teams.