Lady Bills

volfan

Saw the women in action last night. Another tough loss, thought they might be able to at least win this game. Looks like the ship is sinking for the ladies. They just looked awful last night. They didnt look like they wanted to be out there playing. they showed no enthusiasm.

I just wantto see some good basketball, I was sitting near these 2 ladie at the game, and they were bitching about the game the whole night. They must of been really big fans, they were really complaining about the coach. Maybe they were parents of the players or something. i question how Pizzotti coaches, what does she want on defense, man or zone, if its a man defense it sure is bad one. Everything looks chaotic out the court out of sync. when watching Pat Summit coach she always is talking to her asst coaches, getting advice. I rarely if ever see Pizzotti ask her asst anyting during the game, I mean those 2 guys on top look like they know what they are doing, there resume look impreesive too in the media guide. The white looked like he had a successful high scho0l career. I know Cheryl Cole from OK came straight from the HS ranks and make OK into a winner. Maybe they should give this guy a shot and see what he can , couldnt do much worse than they are now

Any thought s anyone, I just want to see the womens team succeed Tenn won by the way

you are right about the ladies, they do not look like they are having fun out there. I have been watching them for a while now like 7 yrs and the lady bills always look like they are not having any fun even the players on the bench, show no emotion or even more it look like they would rather not be there.

i thought last year they had a good year, but in the WNIT they got their A$$ kicked. It took John Wooden I think 11 yrs before he won his 1st NC, so i thought Pizzotti might be doing something right. @ asst coaches left from last season, not surprising I dont think she ever keeps a staff together more than 2 yrs. But the black guy and i think he rejoined th team this after a stint oversees, the media guide said its his 2nd . the 2 white guys have been there 2 yrs so I guess this is good for her, must be some kind of a record for her keeping assts.

The obvious is that the team is just getting worse. They need change. Get rid of her make one of those assts like volfan said the head coach they look like they could do soemthing, they have enough expierence, and Francis the white guy did well in HS and also is a very good speaker. So is Evans, I have heard them both speal at billiken club meetings at Humphries they seem really enthusiastic and see comfortable in front of the crowd. Has to be hard though when the teams suck. Pizzotti is a terriable public speaker, plus she is rude, acts like she doesnt have the time of day to talk to anybody We need change

What a pathetic program if I was the AD I would be ashame of such a pathetic program. The time for change needs to come, look at the men they are winning with an asst coach they hired, they need to hire one of the ladies asst to change this program around Pizzotti needs to go!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that we have some people with personal vendettas against the coach. If we were some big time program that had a huge budget--comparing our ladies team to Tenn. in any regard is a joke--then I could see all of this venom. But in light of the fact that we have a modest budget it seems to me that several of you must have a personal grudge against the coach. It may be warranted for something she did to you, but honestly, we want to talk men's basketball on this site and we don't need a lot of harping on negative things that you just want to vent. that is just my opinion but I would guess that alot of the regular posters feel the same way.

In the past several years I have become a fan of the Lady Lobos and they sometimes draw 14+K.

I would love to see the Jillikens do well. It would be a positive for SLU.

The only knowledge I have of them is what I read on this site. And it seems there are two consistent comments: 1. that the players don't seem to enjoy themselves and have fun and 2. that Coach Jill screams a lot and seems to be somewhat of a harridan.

Maybe a change in leadership is indicated.

i do not have a vendetta out for the coach, I dont even know her I just want to watch some good womens basketball in STL since I moved here. Maybe Newberry has a vendetta but those other posters make good point. So u are saying just because slu has a small budgett it is alright to have a team that loses year in and year out?

So if it was vice versa and the men lost yr in and yr out it would be okay then because the mens team is not big program either. they have Nit chmapioship and a couple of ncaa app in the tourney.

Why nit strive for excellence in both programs, if the AD cared about the athletic program he would demand both programs to good year in and year out. That is how most athleic departments are, they want to be the best in every sport. Look at the Tenn men team they fired Coach Green even though he had good seasons, lomg story about that hough

volfan said, "So if it was vice versa and the men lost yr in and yr out it would be okay then because the mens team is not big program either."

the men's team pays the bills for everyone else. the rest of the programs are pretty much dependent on the income the men's team generates to survive. so from that standpoint, the men's program is big. we may not have a lot of banners hanging, but they are at least in the black accountingwise. cant say that in the other sports and that is what the point is. now if coach jill had the budget to work with that the men's team did, your comments might be warranted. however it appears to me she is doing the best she can with the money she is alotted. now if you want to donate a few hundred thousand dollars to the women's program annually, then they might have more resources to get better players and keep coaches around to actually develop some momentum. until then, if you want to rip on the jillikens, i for one dont want to read it here.

you couldnt be more incorrect I am the biggest billiken fan the need to get a new assistant coach that can recruit rebounders and stop recruiting 5 guards every year jana haywood needs to kick it into high gear. tmc needs to get healthy they nedd rachel back and one exception to recruiting is to use a lot of fire power to get theresa lisch. what we need is a rebounder lewis cant do it by herself.

money has everything to do with it. do you for a second think the coaching staffs are paid the same? do you for one second believe the recruiting budgets are equal? or the travel and expense budgets? get a freaking clue and take your little vendetta elsewhere.

if the jilliken players hadnt been as nasty as they were when stephanie lisch had her visit, probably stephanie would be a jilliken now. jill wanted steph to be a jilliken but the team treated her badly when she visited and ended any chance of that happening. so likely, unless the tune has changed with the players, my guess is that theresa has heard it from her sis already.

the blame for that rests soley on the roster of the jillikens. not the coach. jill did her job. the players undermined her on that one.