Suggs Story

Bruce Weber and company are making a strong push for Scott Suggs. They want him to play for the Illini and Suggs likes what he sees.

Scott Suggs is from Washington (MO) and a four-star recruit from the Class of 2008. Suggs is a 6-5 PG/SG with great scoring, rebounding and defending abilities. “I’m having a pretty good year so far. I’m averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals per game. We’re about to start districts so I’m really looking forward to that,†said Suggs.

Sunday when the Illini played the Northwestern Wildcats they had plenty of visitors, and rumor was that Suggs was one of them. Not true. “I’ve been down there four or five times. I like Coach Weber and Price; they both are really cool guys. I like the type of players they bring in. They have a good system and they get into the NCAA tournament each year, so I take that into consideration,†Suggs added.

According to Suggs, the Illini have offered him a scholarship. He’s currently carrying a 3.4 GPA and scored a 22 on his ACT.

Reports were a week ago that Illinois was the clear leader for his services, but as of right now there is no “listâ€. “I don’t have a list of schools that I’m about to narrow down to. I’m going to take some time before I put together a short list of schools, but Illinois is up there.†In an interview by National Recruiting Director, Dave Telep, Suggs has been offered by: Florida, Indiana State, Missouri, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, Virginia, Washington, Clemson, Wisconsin, Purdue and Bradley. Kansas, UNC and Wake Forest are interested.

Before it’s all said and done, Suggs will be an attractive guard for one of those programs. The interesting situation for the Illini is that Suggs has been there a number of times and really feels good about the staff at Illinois.

I go to school with Scott and we talk quite often, and I know he really likes Illinois...I'm pretty sure in the end it'll come down to Illinois or SLU. He has talked about Mizzou, but it doesn't seem like he's THAT interested. But who knows. He's very quiet about this stuff at school... All I know, is that in class he gets AT LEAST 5 letters a day from different colleges. It's incredible.

hey aa08, if you tell scott you would like to see him play real close to home i don't think that is a bad thing, if you want that

imo slu is far enough from washington to get college freedom yet close enough to home to provide comfort and his parents the abiltiy to go to weekday home games and sleep in their own bed, or beds if like the costanza's

If he goes to Illinois and the all the Bridges get blown up, so his parents can't drive to see him play, don't ask me about it. I'd look at Roy ... just my opinion

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.