UMass Postgame

thetorch

If that broadcast tonight doesn't get recruits to come to SLU I don't know what will. Rich Gould on the PBP? Was Zippa Zzeppa not available? Nice audio too. CW 11 was running this game with two tin cans and a string. But hey we were on TV at least.

Somebody lit a fire under Ian. He played a great game tonight, the type of game we hoped he would give us most nights in his senior year.

Game plan by Brad was right on. He did everything to get us a win.

The traveling call on Tommie broke our back. That was a joke homer call. I knew we would be walking out with a loss after the refs pulled that one out.

Let's hope Tommie works on his ballhandling skills as much as he did his shooting next year. If he wants to be the pg he can't make mistakes like he did at the end of the game. And when somebody sets a screen you go in that direction not the other way.

>

>Let's hope Tommie works on his ballhandling skills as much

>as he did his shooting next year. If he wants to be the pg

>he can't make mistakes like he did at the end of the game.

>

Excellent point on Liddell needing to improve. I have to laugh at all the NBA talk about TL at this point. NBA players are either REALLY, REALLY good at 1 thing OR they dominate ALL THE TIME. At this point, Liddell does not fit into either category.

To me, Lisch is a better overall player at this point, and he is the one who should have the ball in his hands at the end.

Polk is our best ballhandler against pressure but he had been sitting so long I don't think it would have been a good idea to put him in at that time. Kevin was having a ton of problems just shaking James Life, who is just an average defender, because of his length. When the defender is expecting that crossover, like Forbes and earlier in the year Spencer Laurie, Liddell is susceptible to getting his pocket picked. We just didn't have a very good option in that situation.

P.S. I hope the refs can sleep tonight.

Excellent points as usual 3star. Triangle as well had a flashback too that previous Laurie steal. Doesn't Coach Soderberg see these things????? Triangle is still in a quandry over the whole finish - it didn't play too our game strengths at all. 15 seconds is plenty of time to quickly get the ball upcourt and work for an open shot. And people wonder why.

so it goes

>>15 seconds is plenty of time<<

To get the ball inside to Ian? It is what I expected as the first option out of the TO with the 2nd options to Tommie and Kevin on a kickout from Ian. Ian was overpowering the UMass interior all day. Why not go to him at the critical moment? Perplexing.

And, people wonder why Ian has lost his motivation this year? Great strategy, Brad. Have an injured guard as your only option, when Ian has owned the UMass inside guys all night?

Way to convert a road win to another loss. You were Minuteman Man of the Game!

Ok so we can all play monday morning coach but the fact is is that the bills have run that play with success at the end of first half in numerous games, Lisch Drove and dished to JJ, we did the same thing but jj didnt dunk it, and tommy drove and threw up the leaner against GW. so you dont know if maybe liddell was gonna drive in the lane kick it out to lisch or dish it to vouyoukas

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

If whatever play brad set up would have worked and we win the game you all would have been saying what great coaching it was

Posted Image

Posted Image

So my years are off we went to the nit a few years back. We could have a 19 win season what the hell are you all so unhappy about we had 9 wins 2 years ago like you said. thats a hell of a two year turnaround

Posted Image

Posted Image