These "recruiting theories" are funny

GOPBilliken

Seriously, people, the only theory you should conclude is that Brad Soderberg is a horrible recruiter and he doesn't know what he's doing.

To think Beane, "Grunk," Walker, Bertucci, etc. are reasons for kids coming or not coming to SLU is ridiculous. These coaches can't recruit either! It's absurd to think we can get anyone from this heralded 08 class to come to SLU or even sign a JUCO kid.

The foundation (for the 1 millionth) time of a solid basketball program is recruiting, and our house is crumbling. It's time for a change. Soderberg is a poor man's Bruce Weber...great basketball mind -- good with the X's and O's, but he falls short on the trips to Mom and Pop's house. This is unacceptable.

Let's just close the book on your "theories." There's only one fact that I know - Soderberg cannot recruit. Bottom line. The last two years have been disasters and he can't even come up with an excuse for it.

Actually, I think we have heard from recruits and/or parents that have been impressed with Brad. I think our program is just a tough sell at this point compared to the other local teams. The program will get a huge boost with the new arena and I would bet Brad is pushing that to every recruit and family he talks to.

I still think there is some good potential in last years class of Knollmeyer & Maguire. Since you believe it to be a disaster, who would you have rather seen SLU sign locally instead of those two?

Your post blatantly declares that you do not know what you are talking about.

1)The "foundation" is recruiting.....do you recall Quinn down the road...he could recruit but his house crumbled on the true foundation ability to coach.

2) One of the people you name has had top 30 recruiting classes as a lead recruiter..and you probably do not know which one.

I think what Metz is trying to say is that you can't make chicken salad or the NCAA Tournament with Chicken ######. And Chicken ###### is what Brad Soderberg has recruited.

I agree with Metz 100%. This is the Show-Me-State. Show me, Brad, what you have done for us lately. Nothing.

Metz is right on the money today. What recruits? Knollmeyer and MacGuire are just bodies. You know an old boss of mine at Global Crossing once told me that, on a day I came in pretty hungover from a client meeting in Paris, we didn't need "another body." We needed my production, not just my physical presence. Anybody can stand around and look busy, and I'd give the whole SLU team and coaching staff a gold star on the wall for standing around and looking busy

So far, these "recruits" haven't done anything, and as far as I'm concerned, they're just bodies. Scout teammers. Tackling dummies.

Blame Brad for not getting them into the game, blame the kid for not working hard in practice, blame both parties for recognizing their not physically or mentally ready for Division 1 basketball. Did we scout these kids throwing skee-ball at Showbiz Pizza? Unreal.

Fire Brad Soderberg immediately.

>Your post blatantly declares that you do not know what you

>are talking about.

>

>1)The "foundation" is recruiting.....do you recall Quinn

>down the road...he could recruit but his house crumbled on

>the true foundation ability to coach.

>

>2) One of the people you name has had top 30 recruiting

>classes as a lead recruiter..and you probably do not know

>which one.

He still got them to Elite 8. Brad went 9-21 without making the tournament. Quin got the players, and even though they didnt win late in his tenure. He had them making the tournament and consistently advancing early on. Things fell apart with the Ricky Clemons fiasco.