Brad on 590

cheeseman

Brad was on with Rammer and Frank C - here is a summary of his comments:

1. Worked on defense the day after the X game even though the trainer said give them rest.

2. Made a prep mistake before Xavier by giving the team the day off before the game on defense practice due to some minor bumps and bruises. Should have practiced defense - it showed against X.

3. Have 5 schollies and wants to use 4. In hot pursuit of 12 players. If we can get 4 of this group we will really have something.

4. Much made of not signing anybody this fall but I refused to take second rate players. If I can not get somebody to make the team better than I would rather keep looking.

5. Will be recruiting this weekend. Will be at Wash. and St. Chas West game tonight.

6. Wants Tommie to be more consisistent on defense and to stay aggressive on offense.

7. Ian has lost his aggressiveness - lack of confidence. He is not doing what he did that made him so good last year. He has to stay out of foul trouble and he has to remember that he is 270lbs and not be afraid to use it.

8. The game plan for X may have caused some of the problems with the dribble penetration X got. We had to cover them so far out that it opened the lanes up.

I can not remember anything else.

"2. Made a prep mistake before Xavier by giving the team the day off before the game on defense practice due to some minor bumps and bruises. Should have practiced defense - it showed against X."

Does this day off really affect our defensive efficacy? I remember my time from playing other sports and a day off in the middle of the season didn't impact our collective awareness of what to do, maybe...maybe, it affected our sharpness. Perhaps that was what Brad meant, the day off reduced our focus and sharpness...?

Nice to hear we have 12 players in the hopper. How many schollies do we have to give for players that would play at slu next season?

Thanks for the recap.

Well here's 15 names that we've managed to scrounge up on our own, many newly added in the last month. And I might be missing one or two:

Leon Powell

Mantas Griskenas juco F

Yima Chia-Kur juco F

Marcus Relphorde prep G

Marcus Walker juco PG

Barry Eberhardt (sp?) juco PF

Ivan Evans juco swingman

Thiago Cordeiro juco F

Jonathan Montgomery HS SG

Jeff Peterson HS PG

Anthony Mitchell HS swingman

Shannon Shorter HS SG

Kavon Lacey HS PG

D'Lancy Carter juco C

Some kid from Mississippi whose name I can't recall

do you think Ian lost his aggressiveness due to the double teamings and the inability to stay in game? I think that foul trouble has had a huge impact on his game. You sit for long periods of time and it is hard to get into any kind of rhythm.

As far as the recruits go, I am glad to see the number of potential players high for next year. Let's hope BS lands 3-5 of them. A PF would be nice.

5 shollies for this year - 2007. He has 4 more for next year -2008. He only plans to give 4 of the 5 away in 2007 and hopes to give 5 away for 2008. Apparantly this team has trouble staying focused and must need constant reminders is how I took what he said about the defensive prep for the X game. Somebody else answered the other questions that were asked.

What, is St. Louis becoming the South Beach of the Midwest? I mean, are these guys partying it up at Humphrey's every night and losing focus? Well, for some that might be the case. I know it is tough to be an athlete and maintain good grades at the same time but losing focus on a team's goal either tells me there is a lack of leadership or simply players are not "stepping" up to the plate and showing emotion and leadership.

Where and who is our vocal leader? DP? KL? I wonder... just trying to figure out the lack of consistency.