Serious question re: board reaction to Torres signing

kshoe

"If your wife slept with your best friend, would you call her a *****? Seriously, Kshoe what do you expect us to say? Should we jump up and down and rejoice that Lowery signed the kid? Should we all throw a party at Torres house congratulating him?"

Of course not, but some of the Kool-aid crew were even congratulating Brad on not being sucked into taking a "marginal" player so early. My point was that if we had signed him instead, the same people would be jumping up and down and telling us what a wonderful recruiting job Brad had done to get him. I didn't see the anger about this signing from many of the Kool-Aid Crew (not all but many). If you, Nashville, are angry about it then you are on the right track.

"And i'm sure that if we won last night, this post would never have occurred. You're lack of participation in this board of the past 2 week (when we win) has been noticeable."

Check again. I didn't post much of anything after the Houston loss, had a bunch of posts immediately following the St. Joes win congratulating the team, coach and of course Tommie. I was in New Orleans over the weekend so I didn't feel the need to rush to a computer to congratulate the team then.

I have been on record as saying the rest of the regular season doesn't mean much (we are effectively fighting for an NIT birth) so you are just going to have to trust me when I say that last night's loss has NOTHING to do with this post. In fact, if somehow we had won the game I would easily have traded that win for news that Roundtree had made a mistake and really wanted to sign with SLU. I consider it that important.

"If you, Nashville, are angry about it then you are on the right track."

I'm not angry...but I'm not happy either. Frankly, I think it's dumb to be angry right now. All it's gonna do is make you miserable for the next 10 months. Now, we we get through the spring (for '07) and fall (for '08) and have signed nobody better than Torres, then yes, I'll be furious. In the meantime, I think you may give yourself an ulcer.

i would have taken it as a sign that we are definitely in trouble with the upper tier junior class recruits as to get a verbal from a second tier player 10 months in advance would be very puzzling.

i would rationalize it as well at least we didnt miss out on the "b" list this time while being strung along by the "a" players.

3 star brings up a great fact. P diddy and nate have stated he has a qualifying ACT score. depends. unless he has a near perfect ACT score their is a sliding scale of GPA on just core college prep classes that go along with that.

here is the NCAA sliding scale for the ACT or SAT test scores and the corresponding minimum GPA required.

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership...e_quick_ref.pdf

Since roundtree has 3 semesters of core grades to accumulate yet, there is really no way of guaranteeing he has a "Qualifying" ACT score yet unless you are telling us he has a perfect score.

now John on the other hand with a 3.8 GPA is a recruit that only needs a minimum test score. a huge huge huge difference

It seems to me that those that are angry about Roundtree started out that way. We have no idea how things are going to unfold at this point. Potentially, things may be just fine. We'll just have to wait and see. I agree with Nashville that that folks might just as well calm down. Why in the world would one allow the decision of a 18 year old kid dictate one's emotional state? Personally, I support Brad and don't mind saying so. It may turn out that I'm wrong in that assessment. Sometimes, I am wrong. In any case, I do all I can to to advance the cause and hope for the best. It's just as cheap.