What Roundtree said according to Scout

Scout article:

"Life is good at Southern Illinois. Chris Lowery’s team is in the Top 25 and it recently accepted a commitment from a 3-star junior recruit out of Florissant (Mo.) McCluer North.

Torres Roundtree, the brother of former ACC player of the year Chris Carrawell, is headed to Southern Illinois. Indiana State and St. Louis made pitches. Missouri and Illinois were in the process of evaluating him.

The 6-foot-3 standout who averages 17 points and 7 boards said watching his brother persevere and eventually star at Duke helped shape him as a player. “It made me want to work a lot harder seeing that my brother could do it,†Roundtree said. “That really set the standard pretty high.â€

Southern Illinois’s affiliation with the hottest mid-major league in America was a major attraction for Roundtree who also wanted to be close to his family. “I wanted to go to a conference that’s competitive. People get looks overseas and kids get their degrees. I think I can play in any conference but I really like their league.â€

Roundtree could find himself playing a part-time role at the point mixed in with some time at the other two wing positions. His versatility is one of his calling cards."

>Tell him to ask Tatum where the closes watering hole is and

>where all the high school girls hangout.

Just because SLU didn't want him you are going to hate on the kid. I guess that is why Carbondale is a top 25 program and SLU hopes it can get to the tournament. You better check yourself.

Look, if UB didn't want him, why the animosity towards SIU? You ought to be happy they got saddled with a wasted scholie. Also, when we put Kramer, Suggs, Brandenberg, and Griffey on the floor in two years SIU won't stand a chance with their 2nd and 3rd tier area guys. Hmmmm....hmmmmm....that Kool Aid tastes good.