The Rex Hudler Syndrome

brianstl

brian said,

"Tommie should not be the point guard. DP should. Tommie should be at the three. Tommie reminds me so much of D Wade. I don't remember Crean trying to turn Wade into a point guard. Brad is convinced that he can make him a big time point guard oh well."

well to be honest, i dont see where polk has made anyone regret the decision. he cant score in half court, and too often wont finish when the break is going. now lisch has better point guard stats than polk and if anyone shouldnt be the point guard of the three it is probably lisch and here he is outproducing polk in those categories.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud you on trying to take the entire message board on. IV has been horrible this year, HORRIBLE. do you not agree with this? I have high expectations for IV, so my description of horrible may not be the same for others. LM has had to step up and has. you should watch the game while you are there instead of trying to hold lisch's jock.

I remember when Ryan Leuchtefeld would play like crap and get the player of the game award more ofter than not, way back when. It crossed my mind then. I really think you are harkening back to the past here with your somewhat delusional dislike of Luke tough. Sure we'd all like him to be a foot taller, 70 pounds heavier, black and able to score in the post. He isn't that. He's Chris Sloan with an ugly jumper. Embrace it. Deal with it.

In answer to your question Luke would rank below Ian, Kevin and Tommie on my top four. He'd be above Polk and Adam though......

I really do like Luke as a player. Is he the ideal four? No. Is he the best that we got? By far.

He has busted his ass playing out of position and we would be really screwed if we didn't have him.

I do think he gets a little overrated at times. I guess that is why I chose the tone I did. I wanted some good discussion about and I believe we got it.

Do I belive everything I posted about Luke above? No, but I do think there is some definite merit in some of the things I did post.

I really have to agree with something Roy posted. Luke needs to shoot more. He has to make our oppenents pay for not paying attention to him.

I do not think he should be the starting three on this team, but then again I don't think DP should be playing the three either.

I, also, believe that AK should get some more minutes at the four. I think if they are going to continue to play DP at the 3 then Luke should get some of DP's minutes at the three when AK his getting some of his minutes at the 4.

If you have paid any attention at all the games you have attended, you would have noticed that when Luke goes to the bench the team always gives up big runs and the offense falls way out of wack. Luke helps control the team and is the leader on the floor. When you throw someone like JJ in there the defense struggles more than when Luke is in there. I would rather have to have a guard sag in on Lukes man than have an opposing 4 have an easy 2 points while being guarded by JJ. Just because JJ or AK are bigger than Luke doesnt make them a better defender.

Did you just miss where in the post above I was praising Luke. I tried to play devil's advocate a little on the topic of Luke. I think somtimes people go overboard the other way in praising him and defending him. I thought I would go overboard on the negative side. Thanks for proving my point about people being overly defensive about anything negative when it comes to Luke.