This is inexcusable

There is no acceptable reason for the poor play of this team. I know Lisch didn't play today, or a large portion of the Temple game, but we still need to be playing much better than this.

I am listening to KFNS after the game, and the announcer just said that he thought Brad sounded in the post-game interview like he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing. That assessment really doesn't seem that far off, considering what I heard on the post-game show. The problem is that we've been eharing this for a few weeks.

There are two things that I figured we could always count on a Brad Soderberg coached team to do; play strong defense and show toughness. Between that post-game interview and things I've heard over the last couple weeks, one big problem with this team is that this team isn't close to being tough enough. I also watch the Fordham game today and hear the Temple game the other night, and we keep giving up wide open three pointers. If we lost because we weren't scoring enough, I'd be unhappy, but I'd be somewhat used to that by now, and would feel better if we were playing good defense.

I've spoken to Brad on multiple occasions, and I find him to be a good man, and I really want to see this guy succeed. At this point, however, I question if he is the right guy to be the head coach of the Billikens at this time. I'm still baffled by him leaving Maguire and Knollmeyer on the bench at Temple in favor of the walk-on Jeff Coffey. I have come to expect good defense and toughness from Brad's teams. This team has been lacking in those aspects lately in my opinion.

We can complain about the lack of support from the administration, and we might very well be justified in doing so, but the fact is that we have to produce on the court, and we aren't coming close to doing that right now in my opinion. This should have been an NCAA team, and our only prayer now is to win the A-10 tournament.

This is just inexcusable.

Finally a thought-out 'Bad Brad' post. Thank you. Yes Brad is a good guy, i desperately want 'Soderball' to continue. But the recruits aren't happening, and the defense is not there. We need some damn motivation.

And enough Walk-On Mania. Let's see some FRESHMAN PLAY.

I'm sick of 'deer-in-the-headlights' freshman. Give them playing time.

Another thing we lack is a vocal leader, though, as Soderberg said, Drejaj was a tough-nosed, loud-mouthed, guy, and if you werent bumping and bruising, Legs'O'Lead Drejaj would be out there in your face. We need that.

If this play, this attitude, these results are acceptable to any of you then consider yourself a joke. We haven't even gotten into the meat of this pathetic conference and we're 2-4.

Don't tell me, "but kevin was hurt". Duquesne beat us on our Home Court without their leading scorer - Robert Mitchell (averaging 17.7ppg).

CAG