frank today

Roy, I feel like you are arguing semantics here. Who cares if those kids could start for a team like Prairie View A&M? The only teams that these kids could reasonably expect to get significant minutes from are garbage programs. There is no excuse that the best we can do is guys like Husak, JJ, Ikeakor, Dixon, Knollmeyer, and Maguire.

garbage programs or not, they are division one programs. again if you want to say a certain player isnt good enough to be on a high major roster, fine. i understand that and i probably agree with that with some of our players. but it is completely wrong and an insult to our players to say they are not division one players.

Good point. But the point also remains that good kids who fly under the radar go to bad teams.

I guess the germane question is whether or not harrellson would benefit our program or not. I wouldn't pretend to know that answer, but i don't have supreme confidence in UB's ability to evaluate talent.

but it is ok that they chased grimes instead which is what you all want to crucify brad for. sounds like a higher standard.

you said,

"I think the point being made is that they are not legitimate Division I basketball players and Bryce and JJ certainly are not."

they are. they not only could roster a lot of division one teams they all could start for division one teams.

what player wouldnt do better at a lower level? of course he would be better served at a lower level. but that doesnt mean that for example that on the 330th team in division one he couldnt start or play significant minutes.

Have you even seen Harrelson play? He is completely different than last year. I was saying all along that SLU was correct in not offering him. I now think that I was wrong. I don't understand how you think we are so so so so much better than Western Illinois that we wouldn't even consider their recruits. Josh Harrelson unquestionably would have helped SLU next year. I don't think you can avoid that fact.

Also, SLU lost to St. Bonaventure who had an RPI of 331 and Duquesne so I don't really understand how you think SLU is way above that. SLU has show over and over again they have a long way to go before getting recruits from Western Illinois is something we should stick our noses up at.

Yeh....the same Seth Greenberg that led VT to beat No. 5 Duke in overtime on the road Jan. 6 and topped North Carolina-Greensboro on the road last Wednesday. Yeh...the same Seth Greenberg that coached the Hokies by stunning then-No. 1 North Carolina at home Saturday. Yeh....the same Seth Greenberg that has the Hokies' record at 13-4 overall and 3-0 in the ACC, elevating them to No. 25 in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches' Poll. Yeh....that same Seth Greenberg. The same Seth Greeberg that has the luxury of going nine or 10 players deep with a pressing, trapping defense. Opponents are shooting just 39.7% from the floor against the Hokies and averaging 59.7 points a game (21st in the nation in the latest NCAA statistics). Yeh....that same Seth Greenberg. Don't those people in Hokie land know that it takes a good 5 or 6 years to have that kind of succuss.

As for as Seth's coaching recorded let's compare his with BS's.

"Greenberg came to Virginia Tech from the University of South Florida, where he served as head coach for the previous seven seasons. At USF, Greenberg had a record of 108-100. Prior to USF, Greenberg was the head coach at Long Beach State University, where his overall record was 105-70. In his 15 years as a head coach, Greenberg has an overall record of 244-198. An important side note is that, following his initial seasons at LBSU, USF and Virginia Tech, Greenberg compiled a 210-148 record at the three schools."

BRoy notice when Seth had the opportunity against UNC he won as opposed to..... I won't even go there.

Broy you are so fast to rip people you missed the message of the post. That is to get BS involved in the community. This will help in recruiting. People like you BRoy are clueless. No one is to good not to learn from someone else's success and certainly that applies to the captain of SLU's ship. VT has had more quality wins in one week than SLU has had in 5 1/2 years. If you won't to keep your head in the sand and not learn from others successes than that is your perogitive.

More blue juice please!