Sounds like we missed out on Brandon Morris

Sluzer

This from an ESPN article:

Brandon Morris, a junior college transfer, has led the Phoenix from the point guard position and is averaging a team-high 11.5 points per game. Kowalczyk acknowledged that it's difficult for a newcomer to lead a team, but that Morris' personality is infectious and he gets his teammates to play hard.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...jeff&id=1708509

the positive that i take out of the brandon morris situation is it only reinforces that brad can judge talent. morris never scored like that in juco. brad knew he was a player. too bad our academic policies hamstrung us.

I agree 100%--This coaching staff seems to be very good evaluators of talent. that will be great for us in years to come. Our 3 recruits for next year are all having great seasons, possibly better than anyone could have expected. It is a real shame that wee lost Morris. He would solve a lot of depth and endurance problems with our guards. But let's not cry over spilt milk. the guards we have are defending ferociously, reggie is awesome on offense and Fish has really stepped up in his senior year. Go Bills.

broy, I agree that the success of Brandon Morris is a testimony to Coach Brad and his staff's ability to judge talent. Too bad, Brandon didn't knuckle-down enough to get at least a C- in his last juco course. As a result he's playing in the Horizon league instead of the C-USA. Morris is evidently a good kid, who plays hard, competes, and guards. Just what all coaches like! However, I can't blame SLU academics policies for not accepting D's from a juco!

The Brandon Morris situation was regrettable but hopefully Brad has learned that if you go after a JUCO you have to be certain that he will qualify - not just think or hope. We will be at a disadvantage without Morris next year but I believe that Brad will figure something out. Has anyone heard about Liddel and his ACT score yet?