local players looking good

p diddy

a few other local players who we should have signed are doing well. I'm shocked that V-Time neglected to mention these names.

In the words of Paul Harvey, Now it's time FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

Johnny Hill (SEMO)10 mpg, two DNP, 1.9 pts., 1.4 reb., 19 percent FG, 14 percent from 3-pt.

Bobby Hill (illinois state) five DNP, 2.9 mpg, 0.5 pts, 0.8 reb., 22 percent FG

Curtis Muse (North Texas State) won't play at all this year because he couldn't make himself eligible academically.

James washington (Western ill.) 5.2 points, 3.3 reb., out for season with a foot injury. he was their starting point guard.

V. Get ready to roll. V. Get ready to roll.

bad boyz for life

Why would I mention them. Its only worthwhile to mention guys that are producing that Brad passed on. By the way, Johnny Hill is sitting because he's playing behind the team's best players at the 2 and 3 position. Its not because he cant play. Muse wasnt on pace to graduate in 4 years, so he wasnt eligible. That's too bad. I hope this isnt the end of the road for him. Of the guys you mentioned only Johnny Hill was a kid I expected to be a big time scorer in college. He has the effortless stroke, great IQ and good athleticism. None of those guys averaged more than 13ppg in high school however. They are well-coached and understand how to play and have all tons of potential. Powell is different. He is a scorer. Currently averaging well over 20ppg. That's the difference. He would be the biggest miss out of all of those guys. BTW, you cant honestly say that any of those guys would be riding the pine right now for SLU.

Call me crazy. This team has no depth. I'll stick by the statement. With the exception of Washington, none of those guys have made an immediate impact at their new school, neither have any of SLU's freshman. P.Diddy, you show that graphic like knollmeyer,dustin, and HD set the world on fire. They are victims of the same thing Knollmeyer and Dustin are, the coach just isnt giving them a chance.

or maybe they arent playing because like most freshmen they are just freshmen learning. the impact and time that lisch and liddell gave last year is not the norm for freshmen.

the hill bros and washington would be sitting right alongside maguire and muse would be sitting with dixon and obi.

>or maybe they arent playing because like most freshmen they

>are just freshmen learning. the impact and time that lisch

>and liddell gave last year is not the norm for freshmen.

>

>the hill bros and washington would be sitting right

>alongside maguire and muse would be sitting with dixon and

>obi.

Agreed, however...thast impact is a lot more the norm on good/better/top 25 teams....having 1-2 Frosh who can get significant time their first season. It isn't the norm at SLU...or for less talented or less recruited players.

It all depends on what a team has coming back....if you get a top 100-150 kid on a veteran good team, they will play less, if they come in to a loaded deep veterean team....say Pruitt at Illinois on deep strong teams his first couple of years. He was highly talented high school player, highly recruited...big men a little longer to develop...and I for one am not surprised at his progress.

So, it all depends.

The agreed thing is to try and recruit TL, KL caliber players at different positions more often, or it will be tougher to win.

Also, they just mentioned during the telecast that they love his defense. They think he can be a defensive stopper because of his length and athleticism and they say his numbers will increase as soon as he stops rushing things on the offensive end.

Name calling again. Unncessary. Yeah, the North Texas kid ended up being ineligible. Too bad that didn't happen to a SLU recruit this year. It happens. There were supposed to be 4 Vashon guys debuting at Div 1 this year, the 3 freshman made it, the JUCO transfer didnt.