What has coach Soderburg done to deserve more time?

I can think of several reasons why Coach Soderburg should be fired, but I am struggling to find reasons why he could stay. Seriously, what does he offer to the program? Consistency? Congratulations, you are consistently not reaching the NCAA tournament, consitently missing out on home grown talent, consistently showing an inability to recruit, consistetly showing that his teams lack emotion, consistenly showing an inability to get his teams ready to play AN ENTIRE GAME, and consitently not being able to take the most talented team the Billikens have had in years to the next level.

Congratulations coach Soderburg, you have succeedded in being medicore.

I was a staunch Brad supporter until this season. I expect more from a team this talented, and I am not getting it. I don't understand how a team who had 3 potential all conference players can't kick some supreme St. Bonaventure tail.

So, someone please explain to me what Brad has done to retain his job, because I can't come up with anything.

1. Before Brad it wasn't like we were getting to the tournament every year. Lorenzo made it twice (if i remember correctly) once b/c of Larry Hughes and once b/c of the miracle tourny run (and Kenyon Martin's injury). Sure in the Claggett and Highmark we made it a few times, but SLU hasn't been a perrenial NCAA tourny team every (maybe NIT in the '50s)

2. Brad has recruited and gotten homegrown talent for the program (see Luke Meyer, Ian Vouyoukas, Tommie Liddel, Dwayne Polk, and Kevin Lisch)

3. The team doesn't consistently lack emotion as evidence by the 2nd half-comebacks.

1. What does this have to do with why UB should stay?

2. Good point, but there are counter-examples for homegrown talent he has missed. And IV is homegrown? Must be a sister city in Greece.

3. Or one could say they do lack emotion as evidenced by the team's 1st halves and as evidenced by the loss yesterday.

are you people crazy???????????? Why would anyone dream of firing Brad Soderberg, With such amazing recruits such as Darren Clarke and Horace Dixon. If I had a choice between a guy like Dean Smith and UB UB any day. If you think Im upset this is just Nark after a win

1. Listen to your rational, "yeah we made the tourney but...." Yeah your right, I'm sorry, we just stumbled upon the big dance. In fact, we didn't even have to do anything, it would have found us either way.

2. Brad has also recruited Darren Clarke, Obi Okeafor, Horace Dixon, Vashun Newborne, and JJ. Brad also did not recruit Blake Ahearn, Randal Falkner, and apparently didn't think Matt Shaw was good enough until too late in the process.

I also find it completely ridiculous that Brad Soderburg expects Paul Eckerle ( who is currently leading the STL area in scoring) to just be ok with accepting a walk-on spot on the basketball team. I must have missed all the recruits banging on Brad's door.

3. The team cleary lacks emotions based on the fact that THEY HAVE HAD TO MAKE THESE AWFUL 2ND HALF COMEBACKS.

Seriously, how can you rationalize that?