If you think we have problems...

AJ

A quick note from the "If you think we have problems" department. We've been to the NCAA 6 times, last time in 2000. Its interesting to note that some other bigger name programs are in a lot worst shape. Look at Michigan. The program that dominated College BB in the late 80s and early 90s has fallen on hard times. They have not been to the NCAAs since 1998 and 6th year coach Tommy Amaker probably gets fired this year if they don't dance in March. Michigan is currently 10-2 with an 80 RPI but has filled their non-conference schedule with a diet of Central Conn. State, Delaware St. etc. They just lost to one of the few legit teams on their schedule so far: UCLA 92-55. A few other big names teams that are in worst shape than us:

Houston - 18 NCAAs but none since 1992

K-State - No dances since 1996

Oregon St. - None since 1990

U. Mass - 8 trips but none since 1998

Florida St. - Last dance 1998

Houston was a part of C-USA which was mostly dominated by UC, Lville, and Memphis

And Florida St. is in the in the ACC nuff said

K-State is in East Jesus, Kansas tough to recruit unless your HUGGY BEAR

UMASS is in the A-10 Same as us the a-10 has mainly been a one big league

Just my thoughts on why they havent made it even though they may or may not have had good teams

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

I don't really think any of these programs are "biger names." Maybe overall but not in the basketball world of the college game. Houston had a nice run for a while but disappeared very quickly. UMass and Florida State are no different than Indiana State during its one-and-done Larry Bird year. I remember Florida State's one-and-done when they were back in the Metro or even right before joining the Metro. These three programs had aberation-like times and don't really mean much as far as consistency is concerned. I would offer that George Mason and Bradley are about to be added to that list as well. Kind of like when Loyola of Chicago had that year in the mid-60's and won a national title. These are not the "big boys" of college basketball whatsoever.

K-State and Oregon State? Bigger names in one aspect: state schools. I do not believe it fair to lump us into a heading with some of these schools. To me, it is more appropriate to look at our competition as the Marquettes, Creightons, Georgetowns, Seton Halls, Xaviers, and Gonzagas of the world. If I want to be like Mike, these are the Mikes I'm shooting for.

Precisely, we really don't have problems. Unfortunately to hear some of the guys on this board tell it, its time to fire Brad, ex-communicate Biondi, and get rid of all our players. No this isn't a "misery loves company" post, because I don't view being a Bills fan as "misery." For a little more perspective, before Biondi came on the scene we had only 2 NCAA trips in the history of the program and none since 1957. We had only been to the NIT once since 1965. Since 1994 we've got 4 NCAA appearances and 3 NIT appearances. I want to see us get the NCAA this year, like everyone else, but overall I happy with the progress we've made the last 12-15 years, and I am optimistic for the future.