Was Falkner Recruited?

NuBillsFan

>It was a shot at SIU's team. Besides, I had my car broken

>into after the Cardinals won the pennant and I live in the

>Central West End. Who do you think did that? David Eckstein?

Those who earlier defended Metz's comments should be proud.

Everyone knows we invaded because of the WMD's...

...wait, it was the ties with al qaeda...

...no no, it was to get Saddam, he's really mean...

...that ain't right, it was to rebuild Iraq...

...what are the Dems saying? Cut and run? HA! PU**IES, we are staying the course...

...what'd Rummy's memo say? we should cut and run...

What I find amusing is that you claim to not take a stance and then proceed to do so. What I also find amusing are those who apologize for metz's comments and then actually try to turn it on others as being the racists. AF didn't simply repost what Cajun said, he highlighted "you" implying that jj and myself were the racists instead of Metz. He also endorsed that accusation by adding "well said." If you want to be on the side of RC, AF and Metz on this one, have at it. Very revealing. Your last statement is a strawman. What I have said that my political comments don't carry over to basketball discussion. That's still true.

I just reread my post 5 times, and no where did I take a stance on this subject. Given Metz's history, you may consider it racist. If it was a brand new poster, it would be considered smack talk against a team who has had off the court troubles (never saw you stick up for all the comments made about tatum being arrested and having several children). How you wish to view it is up to you. However, again your political bias comes through. You could have responded to Rajun if you felt the comments were out of line. However, you responded to Alumni and further Moytoys political comments with a few of your own "jokes". Had anybody other than Roy or Alumni fan made that post, you would have kept quiet.

>I just reread my post 5 times, and no where did I take a

>stance on this subject. Given Metz's history, you may

>consider it racist. If it was a brand new poster, it would

>be considered smack talk against a team who has had off the

>court troubles (never saw you stick up for all the comments

>made about tatum being arrested and having several

>children). How you wish to view it is up to you. However,

>again your political bias comes through. You could have

>responded to Rajun if you felt the comments were out of

>line. However, you responded to Alumni and further Moytoys

>political comments with a few of your own "jokes". Had

>anybody other than Roy or Alumni fan made that post, you

>would have kept quiet.

Tatum has had off court problems, so it is fair game. In the case of Falker, there was no justification for that. AF essentially accused myself and JJ of being the racists instead of Metz. Do you agree? Speaking of political biases coloring one's opinion, why don't you look in the mirror and ask yourself why you're in here defending AF for defending metz. Why do you give AF and Cajun a free pass for defending metz and accusing me and jj actually being the racists? Oh, but I'm sure you won't take a stance again. Talk about acting like a politician.

I can see where you may think I was defending AF, but I was merely pointing out your bias against AF and others due to your debates on the other board...which you constantly deny having. You should have called out Rajun if it was that bad.

I had a lengthy debate with Thicks a few years back regarding the racism card and my feelings on that word. Since then, I do not care to comment on such matters. I think both sides stated there positions and I have nothing to add.

Relax. I just did not feel like the original joke made was racist. I took the joke to be a shot at the character of SIU's basketball program with several incidents occuring over the past year or so. I am not a racist and I also don't run around looking for racism in any joke made or comment made. I am so tired of people saying things are racist. I will stop here because I do not care to start a big debate on this issue. I apologize if people felt I was supporting racism by saying I saw no harm in the joke made. (The second joke about his car getting broken into in the CWE and asking who do you think did that was uncalled for and I would not defend a comment like)

>Relax. I just did not feel like the original joke made was

>racist. I took the joke to be a shot at the character of

>SIU's basketball program with several incidents occuring

>over the past year or so. I am not a racist and I also

>don't run around looking for racism in any joke made or

>comment made. I am so tired of people saying things are

>racist. I will stop here because I do not care to start a

>big debate on this issue. I apologize if people felt I was

>supporting racism by saying I saw no harm in the joke made.

>(The second joke about his car getting broken into in the

>CWE and asking who do you think did that was uncalled for

>and I would not defend a comment like)

Fair enough. I'm sure you didn't know what Metz was all about. His second post affirmed that what jj and myself were saying about him was accurate and it made it clear that your accusation that WE were the racists was way off. I agree that the "r" label shouldn't be thrown around lightly and sometimes it is used too much. But in the case of metz, he has earned it.

>I can see where you may think I was defending AF, but I was

>merely pointing out your bias against AF and others due to

>your debates on the other board...which you constantly deny

>having. You should have called out Rajun if it was that bad.

>

>I had a lengthy debate with Thicks a few years back

>regarding the racism card and my feelings on that word.

>Since then, I do not care to comment on such matters. I

>think both sides stated there positions and I have nothing

>to add.

Nashville, I invite you to go back and read the posts from 12/4 between 4-5 p.m. I entered the thread to call out metz. Then look at who piled on to accuse jj and more specifically me of being racist, rather than metz? I think RC realizes he didn't know what metz was all about, but he concedes it following Metz's second post. AF, on the other hand, was a little overzealous in trying to pile on me and it wound up making him look like a fool.