women bball barely loses to #19 TCU 69-66

TheA_Bomb

I couldnt believe they had that big of a lead. I guess its both the players fault and head coaches fault. I mean its up to the coach to take control if it starts going bad use a timeout but its also up to the players to respond figure out themselves too. It looks like the players are playing not to lose. It just doesnt look like the girls are having fun out on the court doesnt look like they are into the game on the court or on the bench.

I watch them every now and then, i didnt really expect them to do much against the #19 team in the nation, actually they have not done much the past 8 years or so. I guess Pizzotti has got the program respectable but cant win consistently which is important to make program good and to good player. I always thought the program could be so good but I guess the AD doesnt really give a crap about womens sports cause Pizzotti has been there for 9 yrs w/only 1 winninh season. Which is alright if SLU just wants to have good mens bbal team and soccer team, but if you really want to have a respectable athletic poram all the sport should be winning and having a chance to win conference or to the NCAA tourney every year. Look at UNC, Missori, Notre Dame, even southwest mo, all there teams mens and womens are winning and have a chance to go to the NCaa tourney every year. I have been to SMS womens bbal game, tone of fans, same at UNC, ND, and Missouri, they get great fan support for womens basketball, and how do they get a good fan base, by winning. Hoppefully the bills can turn things around but if you look at past years it looks like if they will have losing season.

Go Bills!!

kenny and javois are a sophomore and a freshman. they handle about 70% of the floor minutes for the two main guard spots. no matter how you spell it, that will come out to inconsistency unless you are duke, uconn or tennessee.

overall, i think they have some talent. javois is going to be a nice player. she is smoooooothhh. kenny does pretty good as well. they just need experience. talent wise, they probably have more than any women's slu team has had in the jilliken years. but gotta let these two guards grow up. now the question is "how did jill get in the perdicament that she has to rely on these youngsters so heavily?" she should have had the roster turning over with juniors with two years experience ready to step in. getting janna to come back is huge. but she isnt ready to step back in yet it appeared to me during the tiger game.

lewis and solomon and brown do fine on the inside.

My question why is haywood back, didnt she graduate after last season, I know she had 1 yr left to play but thought she entered the realworld and got a job. Saw that she played in the Norhtern Ill game, how long has she been practicing, because if she just came back then how did she get playing time ahead of all those other people.

I kmow the guards are young but every season it seems like they start off good and then tougher competition comes around and they lose. Something has to give dont you think. For the last 9 yrs, only 1 winning season, maybe 2, in most programs if a coach doesnt turn things around in 5 they are gone but not at SLU. I think the womens team could get tons of fan support from students and fans if they won and west pine could be packed every game, that would great for the team and make a great atmosphere.