rpi update

http://www.kenpom.com/conf.php?c=CUSA

the above link takes you to the cusa breakdown this morning on the rpi. as you can see, we now have 4 teams sub 40 and charlotte knocking on the door. my guess is that both us and marquette could move up as well with a couple of wins vs the top teams in the conference. we have to keep winning.

i also noticed on a different page of this site that cusa has now passed the mountainwest and the pac-10 to move up to the 5th best conference. the big 12 is still 8th.

btw, big 12 only has 3 teams right now with sub 40 rpi's. if missouri doesnt start winning more than every other game, they will be in trouble. a 500 record in the big 12 will not get them in this year.

strength of schedule. The IVY LEAGUE has faced tougher foes! C-USA has played the seventh hardest non-conference schedule.

http://www.kenpom.com/confrank.php?year=2004&rankby=13

BTW, A10 has played the toughest non-conf schedule and the Missouri Valley is 28th out of 32 conferences (that is pathetic regardless of difficulties scheduling tough opponents for mid-mjors).

Evansville, Indiana St & Northern Iowa all have bad SOS which is really pulling the rest of the league down. All of the MVC teams are in the bracketbuster this year also, so this is a chance to maybe improve the non-conference SOS, but even so overall it is bad.

>Evansville, Indiana St & Northern Iowa all have bad SOS

>which is really pulling the rest of the league down. All of

>the MVC teams are in the bracketbuster this year also, so

>this is a chance to maybe improve the non-conference SOS,

>but even so overall it is bad.

The fact is that all of those schools SOS will go up once conference play starts because a lot of the teams that they played are going to win their conferences. And no one will play the top MVC teams like Creighton, SIU, and Wichita St. If St. Louis wouldn't do it, what makes you think that any good schools would? The A10 is a better league than the MVC, but not as much better as some of you would like to think. The A10 is a 2-3 bid league and the MVC is a 2 bid league. I don't see a huge difference in that.

right now siu is at 50 and creighton is under 30. no other team is close. unless siu basically wins out, if you get two bids, it will be because creighton blew the conference tourney. even the shockers are at 97. they wont go down to 40 or lower even if they could beat creighton a game.

i agree the conference has a problem getting good games with top teams. i am sure the mvc teams do not intentionally schedule the weak schedules that they do. but that is one of the main reasons we didnt want to go to the mvc. at least the big conference teams will play the a-10 schools.

btw, right now st joes is the top rpi school in the country.