Rolandis Woodland

I am not sure if this had been mentioned, but Rolandis Woodland committed to the University of Missouri and coach Gary Pinkel. He is a stand-out football player for Summit and also a quality basketball player. Scout had him being recruited by Mizzou, Arkansas, and Arkansas State for basketball. It will be interesting to see if he tries to play both on the collegiate level. Did SLU have any interest in this kid? We seem to be set at guard and it sounds like football is his sport of choice, but I was just curious if we had any interest.

Justin Gage was a great receiver for Mizzou; I beleive he's in the NFL. He was very helpful to Quin Snyder's teams for three seasons before choosing to focus on football in preparation for the NFL draft after he completed his senior season. He wasn't a scorer, but he was athletic, could rebound, defend, and mix it up.

William Franklin played football and basketball at Vashon, but so far he's shown no inclination to play more than football at Mizzou. Mike Anderson could probably use Franklin, but Mizzou football seasons have been ending later (with bowl game appearances) for Franklin than they were for Gage. I have no idea if Rolandis Woodland would be interested in playing basketball in addition to football.

This is a sidebar, but I remember Lamont Frazier at Missouri, who, after playing hoops for four years, returned to school for a fifth year and played a season of football. I also seem to vaguely recall a Missouri basketball player play a little baseball for the Tigers during his career -- Anthony Peeler?

Have there been any Billikens in recent years who've thrown in another sport (baseball)?