PD Article

cheeseman

Did you see how the Bills were relegated to page 5 today. This just shows you how little regard the paper has for Timmerman. We were listed on the same page with national women's BB report and Kentucky vs NC. On the front page at the top they show little IL and MU mascot pictures and brief lines about their games - no mention or recognition that SLU even played. If you did not know we played you would have had to go through the entire sports section to find out - disgraceful. On page 3 there is a huge MU headline and picture. We played at home and there was no picture even though the game was televised. How can the PD just continue to ignore us and give us second rate reporters when we are the home town team. The article from Timmerman was as if we played away. If I was Timmerman I would start looking for another paper job since obviously he is not going anywhere at the PD. I bet if Stu would have covered the game, we would have been noted on the front page and the article would have appeared where the IL article was.

At the bottom of page 2 of the Sports section is the name of the Associate Managing Editor, Sports. Call, write or e-mail him, and if you don't get what you feel is an appropriate response, work your way up the food chain to the Managing Editor and the Editor (neither of whom are specifically sports people, but the AME reports to them).

cheeseman,

This has been an ongoing topic of some angst by Billiken followers. I only read the P-D on the internet, so I will just have to feel your pain, but it is nothing new. It might be different if the P-D had a little competition from a rival local newspaper, but they haven't. Not much we as fans can do with the exception of St. Louisians who could always cancel their subscription to the P-D.

Cancellation is the only recourse, because this is a

situation that has been going on for 50 years.

The Sat. writeup on the games was almost as bad.

MU had 7" writeup with a picture, IL had 8" writeup

with a picture and SLU had 5" writeup with no picture.

It' inexcusable for a ST. LOUIS paper not give preference

to the local ST. LOUIS D1 team.

for what it's worth.....the Belleville News-Democrat game story on the SLU-KState game was larger than the P-D article and included a picture. The Illinois-IllState game story in the Belleville paper was half the size of the SLU article, but then the News-Democrat is not trying to sell papers in central Illinois.

Unfortunately, only winning BIG will change this situation.