Interesting Quote from Dana Altman

I would love to play Creighton...

What do Gonzaga, Boston College, St. Joseph's and Xavier have in common? All are members of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.

So is Creighton, which has utilized its Jesuit-school ties in basketball scheduling.

"We want to get all the Jesuit schools that we possibly can," coach Dana Altman said. "We've got 55 Catholic priests that live on our campus. They really like to see us play each other."

Such is the case with Xavier, which is in the third year of a four-year contract with Creighton. The late Fr. James Hoff, a former Creighton administrator and later the president at Xavier, "played a big part in us scheduling them," Altman said.

Creighton and St. Joe's also have discussed a series, of which Altman noted, "It's just a matter of when that will happen." But the basketball gem of the Jesuit schools is Gonzaga.

Altman said the Zags have turned down multiple series offers from Creighton.

"We've tried really hard to get them," Altman said. "The closest they came is when they got into a pinch. After we got our schedule set, they said, 'Hey, do you still have that date open?' And we said, 'No, we've got a conference game scheduled that day.'"

http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles...ts/16892389.txt

Without football, SLU needs to do everything in its power to schedule BCS schools and Georgetown every year. Wouldn't hurt to get Notre Dame on there after Kevin White took both of Touchdown Jesus' arms and shoved them up Woolard's ass to get the game to Ft. Worth in 2004. That whole NIT bull**** might have been the death of SLU athletics. Don McLean should write a song about it.

Fort Wayne, not Fort Worth. Chris Thomas single-handedly won that game, despite good D from Fish. He was making circus shots; played out of his mind. I don't think it was the death of SLU athletics, either, so calm down.

I'd rather play the best basketball teams, regardless of academics. Academics is their problem. If it was a concern, no one would ever play SEC schools. It doesn't hurt your image as a basketball program to play poor academic teams unless you're the one with the academic issues.

I hope you're just being completely sarcastic here, but sometimes I just can't tell.

>No, Peter. I will not calm down. I'm steaming mad about

>Woolard getting anally raped by Kevin White. Hey, at least

>the Yankees are hot.

Would it have been better to have played the game at ND's campus? That was the other option as SLU couldn't host that game due to venues not being available.

And scheduling won't help reputation. SLU could schedule the entire Ivy League (BTW, wasn't it rumored we were playing an Ivy, perhaps Dartmouth, this year due to their having a STL kid?) and that doesn't mean jack for US News rankings or national hoops rep.