"Crime Wave" comments by NCAA pres.

Take it from someone who lived four years in Seattle until I moved to Palm Harbor...I'll take the FL weather any day of the week over Seattle's. I mean in those 4 years, I saw rain come in directions that I did not think it was possible.

In all the years I traveled here to Florida before moving here permanently, I always knew that the summer was the rainy season and being a native now, trust me, I actually enjoy seeing the rain.

As I told Billiken Roy when he visited, this has been the most rainy summer since I moved to the Gulf Coast; however, this morning I experienced a wonderful sun drenched drive past Tampa Bay. I feel bad for anyone who feels that they had a vacation ruined by rain; however, if Seattle taught me anything, I learned to not let the rain affect my good time.

We definitely still had a good time. There was only 1 day that was a total wash out, we got in 2 hours at Blizzard Beach before the sky opened up. Even that wasn't horrible because we did get rain checks and went back a few days later.

The first week actually wasn't that bad, but when it rained during the second week it didn't seem to stop.

As far as I am concerned it would take a hurricane to ruin a vacation in central Florida.

big mac, did you go down that big almost vertical slide at blizzard beach? second, obviously you did the disney thing, did you go to islands of adventure and do the spiderman ride? imo, spiderman is the best amusement park attraction i have ever experienced.

I agree Universal/Islands of Adventure are awesome, we had a 5 day pass to both and enjoyed all 5 days. I am sorry to say that we did not do Spiderman, we always seemed to make it to that side of the park late in the day after the fast pass distribution was over and we didn't feel like waiting 1 hour + in line. We had no idea that it was that good, I will be sure to hit it next year!

Roy, as far as the big vertical slide at Blizzard Beach (I have an 8 year old and a 2 year old), I couldn't talk my 8 year old into waiting in line with me. I did get her to ride the second biggest one down though (Slusher Gusher)...Again, hopefully next year!

Did you ride it?

i did go down the big slide. and ironically it was my 9 year old daughter (at that time) that said she wanted to go on it. talk about speed.

too bad you didnt wait it out on spiderman. i guarantee you it would have been worth it. extremely well done.

i love disney. i have been there 6x now. i havent been to disney since i guess it was 1999 or 98. i think they were just about to open the testtrack at epcot. i understand the areosmith roller coaster is great and so is the new rocket deal at epcot. i have to get back there. i love tower of terror. i think it is extremely well done as well.

i dont know if you had a game plan when you went, but i have found that the "Unofficial guide" books are extremely well done and i have followed the instructions in there to avoid lines as much as possible. i would not go without reading the newest edition of the "unofficial guide". just a suggestion.

i have seen it at both waldenbooks and b dalton. i would bet borders has it as well. the same company makes "unofficial guides" to many destinations and vacations. they are great for trip preparations.