Normandy Tournament, semifinals -- Dwayne Polk

I really don't have anything new to report. It's because I haven't gotten to watch Dwayne play an entire game. Vashon blew Gateway out tonight, and Polk was impressive in the first half. He didn't hit his outside shots, but he once skied for a rebound and had five assists and four steals.

Curtis Muse has been impressive. If it weren't for the fact that SLU needs a juco power forward, I'd really be wanting Muse.

Ritter's junior guard Alexander Barnett (6-4) has caught my eye. He's a good athlete. I think he's better than Terry Evans.

I don't expect you'll have anything to report in the finals either. Vashon hasn't had a competitive game with any team in the St. Louis area this season so the starters never play a full game. If he gets hot from three he might score 20 but Polk seems perfectly content to dish out assists and play pick pocket for the two quarters he's out there.

Alex Barnett is a nice offensive player but he plays matador defense. He would drive Brad crazy.