Why must the NCAA mess with a good thing?

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/6253091.htm

The NCAA has the best postseason setup (especially for gambling aka INTEREST) and they will mess it up. Could you imagine remaking your brackets? A week into it (I sometimes run a pool, and god that would be a nightmare)

Steve

I read this as the NCAA committee my change the final bracket on selection day. Then it would be final. Not that they would change it the following week. I think this is just so that the can make up for stupid committees.

I think they are probably preparing to change the Regional names from midwest to St. Louis regional, so that in the future it will be the Gatorade Regional final in St.Louis......the dollar speaks.

>http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/6253091.htm

>

>The NCAA has the best postseason setup (especially for

>gambling aka INTEREST) and they will mess it up. Could you

>imagine remaking your brackets? A week into it (I sometimes

>run a pool, and god that would be a nightmare)

>

>Steve

Steve, maybe you should read it again. They aren't going to change the bracket once they've determined it. It's just that we won't know which regionals will square off until Selection Sunday. No one will have to remake a bracket.

In the past, we've always known which regionals will meet in the semifinals before the season even began. Now we'll find out when they release the pairings. It's somewhat like MLB changing the team that has home-field advantage for the World Series from a rotation to the team from the league which wins the All-Star game.

i dont think as long as there are only 64/65 teams in the tourney they will every "reseed" the brackets. now once they finally see the light and go to 256 teams, then it would make sense to reseed the teams when they get to either 32 or 64 left. but who knows if the ncaa would ever have the guts to do that.

as the basketbill and thicks reported, i interpret the news release to say that they will not directionally label the brackets anymore, instead they will for now carry the regional final location as the bracket name. but i too can see that this is the first step to naming rights for each of the brackets.