Be careful what you wish for

lovedad

Well, well, well. I guess I would have logged on sooner, but I couldn’t figure out how to be a “guest.†I also spent a little time lurking to find out who’s here and who’s not. I was happy to see Taj and ’72, thicks and David, kwyjibo and sluguy, and especially roy. AlamedaBob and a SLU favorite of mine, MK, contacted me, and told me that you were dredging up the ghosts of Billiken pasts. Bob asked me to logon and say hi, and offer an update on how Justin is doing, but I see that’s been taken care of. Bob will be an excellent addition to the Board. He’s Billiken Blue from head to toe, and loves the game. I don’t think he’s missed a game that Justin’s played in the bay area since he enrolled at SLU. He was at the USF game (not the Florida one) back in ’99. We may have to establish a SLU West club. I am still following the Bills although I don’t have the personal connection that made it so much fun. But you know what they say, “Once you go Blue, you can never go back!†(I think that’s what they said) You guys keep up the good work. I told Bob how important it was for me, and the “hundreds†of Bills fans in the bay area to have a resource like the Board to stay in touch with the program, and have the insights into what was happening with the coaches and players. As I told you before, it was a wonderful run for the Billiken and me. We will never forget it.

I think SLU's marketing department should trademark that (and pay Charles Love royalties)! I think that, in conjuction with "feel the energy," would quickly create hundreds of thousands of new Billikens fans nationwide (and around the globe).

Well, maybe not, because the entity that came up with, "Once you go black, you never go back," might sue.

(But the Bills better get dibs on it before the singing-the-St. Louis Blues do.)

the man the legend! great to hear from you charles. please come back often and join in the discussions. always good to hear justin is doing well. a lot of great memories. that week in memphis still ranks as the best billiken week of my life. and we have justin to thank for it.

tell the lovely gloria hello. and again, dont be a stranger. i need help fighting the billiken fight once in awhile! :-)

lovedad,

You are so correct about the valuable service that the Billiken.com website provides fans rooting from a good distance. I was able to follow my team through the hard work of first David and now Steve. It makes all Billiken fans happy to see that Justin has continued to excel. I am glad to know that he enjoyed his Billiken career.