question on the season that just passed

i was taking a look at some of the box scores from our basketball games this season. i was paying more attention to our FGA, more than anything else. i noticed that there were many games that our freshmen, were taking more shots than our juniors/seniors. Now, of course i understand that tommie and kevin are great players and will become even better, but take a look at the George Washington game. tommie had 17 FGA, making only 5 of them. kevin had 8 FGA. then you look at our MVP of the season, ian, had only 4 FGA and anthony having only 1 FGA.

Im saying this because i am wondering, if we could have won more games this season had we put the ball into more experienced hands, such as anthony's or ian's.

It goes without saying ofcourse that kevin and tommie had very good freshmen seasons

Clearly we could have won more games if the entire team shot more and better. The problem from where I sit is that some of the juniors and seniors as well as sophomores were tentative about shooting - AD not so much but he would disappear from time to time in a few games for whatever the reason - could have been the way they were defensing him. KL was the only one really hitting shots so he had to shoot often - a few games he just was not on early in the game so he had to keep shooting to get out of it - shooters shoot. TL, his shot is not that consistent but if no one else is going to shoot then somebody has to do it. LM and DP were tentative shooters. IV did not shoot a lot because he did not have to to get his points or else he was doubled and tripled teamed so he had to pass the ball back out. The other players - VN, DB, JJ - well the answer was obvious. Clearly our freshmen along with IV were our leaders so they naturally would shoot more.

The freshman were better equipped to shoot, drive and score than the other players on the team. Drejaj couldn't create his own shot and IV was hampered by collapsing defenses. Liddell was consistently able to drive and penetrate against other teams. Lisch was quick enough to get his shot off.

And if Drejaj and IV are the most reliable shooters, the fact that this offense is entirely PREDICTABLE, is part of the problem and why teams could collapse on IV, play tight on the shooters and force a freshman to take 17FGAs.

In the GW game ian was getting double and triple teamed, and if you believe Rammer, fouled everytime down court. TL gets into the paint and needs to shoot. I think kevin needs to shoot more, but he will be a perimeter target day in day out for opposing defenses. Danny and Dustin need to be ready to shoot.