fish

p diddy

i think the one thing missing from all of the preseason posts is fish's contributions on the offensive end. he is going to SCORE this year. i will be surprised if he doesn't average in double figures this season. in fact, i am expecting it.

I believe he is going to look for his shot a lot more this year, because we need him to. he is capable of scoring in a variety of ways because of his physical strength and athletic ability and he is an acceptable 3-point shooter. i think you'll see him post up a little more this year. you will continue to see those funky one handed shots on the drive as well. getting to the free throw line will be a bonus.

last year, there were games where he established himself as a scorer and many others where he was not aggressive at all. as a senior, I expect him to pick up all aspects of his game like marque, maurice and j. love did as seniors. that includes putting points on the board.

i know that's a lot of responsibility on him because of all of the other things he asked to do, but it's amazing what a senior can accomplish with an added sense of urgency and the number of games in your career winds down.

watch for fish

i'm not sure how much anthony will score this year, but he is much better than last year. He has picked up 15 pounds and he is much stronger physically. He's able to take the ball to the basket and finish plays better and hit short jumpers. he is still tough as ever. his development will be most interesting. of course, the best part of his game is that he brings it ALL THE TIME.

bad boyz for life

>> I believe he is going to look for his shot a lot more this year, because we need him to. he is capable of scoring in a variety of ways because of his physical strength and athletic ability and he is an acceptable 3-point shooter. i think you'll see him post up a little more this year. you will continue to see those funky one handed shots on the drive as well. getting to the free throw line will be a bonus.

last year, there were games where he established himself as a scorer and many others where he was not aggressive at all.<<

That would be great if true ... but we really needed Fish to score early and mid last season before IO and Drejaj established themselves but he often disappeared offensively (although always a stud on defense). I remember in particular the Arizona game where Fish was the only bright spot. He kept driving on whoever was guarding and creating his own shot, it was awesome. Then the next game he went to his old quiet self on the offensive end. He's so strong that I, as you, would really like to see him drive more this year; however, I really don't expect Fish to be a different person just because it is his senior year. I don't sense that he has a scorer's mentality but, rather, looks to pass first and foremost. A good quality in a point.

BTW, did you see the offensive explosion Dwyane Wade had in his first NBA game for Miami? 18 points against the '76ers. He could never score on Fish!

I would agree on p's Fish take. I have said on more than one occasion that Fish played at one of the top HS basketball teams in the Seattle area...Mercer Island. I know because I lived in the Seattle area for four freakin rainy years, and saw Mercer Island compete for the HS championship on a yearly basis. By the way, Snyder also played for Mercer Island HS.

To me, Fish has been a very unselfish player and a darn good defender. I honestly believe that he can and will contribute more on the offensive end this year.