Post Article on New Arena

davidlee

The ticket sales for men's BB can not completely be used for retiring the debt - the entire athletic budget is dependent on the ticket revenue. This is why they are raising money through donations and there will be some kind of priority fee for the better tickets. The luxury boxes and the above fees will probably be applied to retiring the debt - I am only guessing. I do however believe that outside rentals will be more than others might think - the city does not have a mid size arena - I know about the Family Arena but clearly its location is not in St. Louis City. I think SAVVIS will lose business since many of the events that do not need 20,000 seats will probably come to SLU - no matter what SAVVIS does, they will not be able to undercut us since even if they use only the lower bowl since they are still heating and lighting the upper tier. The rent we now pay to SAVVIS will also be applied to the debt retirement. I am not the bit worried about the arena and its impact on SLU being nothing but positive.

And, of course, what we've all learned about long term fixed rate mortgages is that they are paid off in cheaper dollars. Would anyone like to lock in his season ticket cost at today's rate? Well, the mortgage will be...it will take a smaller portion of gross revenue every year to pay the mortgage, assuming some measure of ongoing inflation.