Twin towers

slufanskip

As much as we wanted to see Ian and Bryce together, I can't believe there isn't more talk about it.

I thought it worked and would like to see it again for longer stretches along with feeding the ball into the 2 more. Most of the time the opponent will have to leave their best interior defender on Ian which should give Bryce a big mismatch.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I agree that this was the coaching move of the year for Brad but I'm not convinced that it's definitely the way to go every game for long stretches. Remember, there was a game in which DB scored 23, that doesn't mean he should be our go-to guy when we need scoring. I do agree that against certain lineups or a couple of times a game it would be nice to see us try to pose the matchup problems on the opponent and see if we can get some quick scores on the interior. Then, if it continues to work, we can try it more and more. I was one that really wanted to see us try it and was happy to see us do so, but I'm not sold on it after one game. We'll need more than a one-game sample to fully evaluate it.

I think I can remember DB is not our go to guy. You made it sound like my post advocated using it full time. I don't think anyone said or thinks we should switch to it. I said I like to see us use it longer ... maybe the proper term is a little more often ... not necessarily longer stretches. I do think if we are goint to use it though we need to take advantage of the obvious mismatch it will create on the offensive end.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I think the problem is on defense. The more mobile the opposing bigs the less I think Ian and Bryce make sense. Ian on Withers was nice but their other big looked like a stiff. It is a great idea to hit teams with the unexpected, like Brad playing a triangle and two against Gonzaga. (I think it was Gonzaga anyway.)

Saturday night I watched the game but I was at a place where the sound was off and I could not really concentrate on the game so I was not sure what happened when IV and BH were in together. Yesterday I watched the replay on Charter and had a chance to see the results of the two playing together. I did not see anything that was that great - it was a nice thing to spring on UNCC but it did not create any game changing events. I am not against the idea but I really did not see that it warrants redoing to any great extent.

Easy there, skip, I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. You said for longer stretches and I said I'm not so sure about that. Now that you've said not longer stretches, but just a little more often, I'll agree. The stretch we did vs. UNCC was quite long enough, but if effective, could be useful more often.