Just got back from Joe Bocardi's and..

I appreciate what you are saying. Profanity is a common occurrence at sporting events.

What happened when we played Mizzou at Savvis was definitely NOT just the "you suck ref" or "that call is bull****" or "sit down Romar you damn moron". It was a constant stream of "Why are we losing to these f***ing losers" and "You're all a bunch of f***ing c***suckers", and so on.

Maybe you would tolerate that. I will not and I don't know many that would.

The one exception would be Metro High School - it's one of the best high schools in the area, public or private, and has been named one of the best schools in the country for that matter.

That said, when Box Jr. comes along, he'll probably either go to the parish school or a private school.

Those of us without connections (yours truly) couldn't really bank on getting into metro or that it wouldn't be screwed up before the kids got there. I really have nothing against the city or city dwellers. I spend my days trying to get them decent insurance. I do sometimes get frustrated with the more self righteous anti-sprawl types. Having a fifteen minute commute and a small SUV doesn't really make you a bad person. Plenty of city dwelling absolute turds, pedal their VW bugs and hybrid girlie cars to work in the city and county everyday.............

>>I really have nothing

>against the city or city dwellers.

>Plenty of city dwelling absolute turds,

>pedal their VW bugs and hybrid girlie cars to work in the

>city and county everyday.............

It has been a while since I took a logic course, but that reads an awful lot like a direct contradiction.

It is sort of like saying that I think surbanites are wonderful if your idea of fun is hanging out with hoosier white guys who drive oversized SUVs and view the Daytona 500 a big cultural event.

I see no contradictions there at all. Both city and county have obnoxious people driving to work over various distances in amazingly varied vehicles. Suv's are useful. Sure the Walter Mitty macho-masher H2 that's only driven off road while parking at the golf course is a little much but try rehabbing a house with out a truck or something with a bit of hauling capacity.

I could talk about the usefulness of bungi cords and roof racks for hauling stuff on VW's (I sold my beloved Toyota Shoebox but we have the wife's Jetta).

The real question is why live anywhere where you have to drive at all? Of course, you need a tank to compensate for the isolation and aggravation. I grew up in a small town where driving had some allure (freedom, independence and all that--cue the Mountain Goats "This Year") but living in the Boston area has put me off of driving for life. The artful savagery of huge SUVs on narrow roads regularly inventing lanes and rights of way, is truly a wondrous spectacle best appreciated from the sidewalk (cue "Charlie of the MBTA").

Go Bills.

I don't think Boston and St. Louis are comparable driving cities.

On a side note the last weekend I spent in DC the rental car stayed completely motionless in the hotel's garage. There is no need for it in DC with the subway and it's too scary to get out there in traffic anyway. This was a taurus not an escalade and the trip to and from L'enfant Plaza from Reagan National (maybe a mile or two?) was enough to make me long for good-natured St. Louis rush hour gridlock.