The Billiken and the AB Pavillion

billikenmetz

Ok, just wanting to stir the pot a little here; we all know that schools like Maryland and Clemson have their tradition of the rubbing the Terrapin and the Brick before entering the arena/stadium, so do we move the Billiken into the front of the Arena for our fans and students to rub the little guy's belly before every game??? Do we somehow get another replica of the Billiken to replace the one out of West Pine??? I am in favor of this, it would be a nice tradition at a school that so desperately needs some. People are always saying the Billiken gets pissed on and jizzed on by stupid pervs, but if we move the Billiken to the new Busch Pavillion, we can generate some pride and tradition.

OH MY GOSH!

Billikenmetz has finally made a credible, useable suggestion on the Board. I have continued to read all his dribble, in the hope he just ONCE made some sense, and yes, it has occurred.

Well done, young man.

I'll continue to read your posts in the hope you make a reasonable comment again in the next two years or so.

mhg

I'm not on board with this. I like the Billiken where it is, in the heart of campus.

If we want to do a replica, i'm all for it. I've often thought a great way to do a better job of tying SLU into grand center would be a KU-esque 'Billikens on parade' series of statues. A musial-esque statue of Easy Ed? Sure.

I think that's a moot issue. We also need ideas for chants and stuff when the new arena rolls around. Also, how does the "Anhuesuer Busch Pavillion" sound? If we can get AB to step up and donate some $$, I think that would be a nice name. Like Pauley Pav at UCLA and Mapples Pavillion at Stanford. Rolls off the tongue better than "Arena." Let Mizzou play at a generic-sounding arena.