Pittsburgh Tribune Preview of Tonights game

SLUDrew

I note that the article refers to IV as one of the top dozen centers in the country.

I also note that Coach Nee is well aware of this and is already focussed on stopping him. I expect that Ian will be ready and may show a bit of an attitude tonight!

savvis SAYS THAT ITS CORPORATE NAME SHOULD BE STATED IN ALL CAPS. LUCKILY, ONLY MODOT WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO FALL FOR THAT ONE, WHICH IS WHY ALL THE HIGHWAY SIGNS IN TOWN LOOK SO SILLY.

DO YOU SUGGEST THAT THE AP STYLEBOOK SHOULD READ "ST. LOUIS, EXCEPT WHEN REFERRING TO THE UNIVERSITY OR SYMPHONY, IN WHICH CASE PROPER USAGE IS SAINT LOUIS?"

only offer scholarships to non-top 50 kids if they know they will accept. They don't want to be embarassed if the kid turns it down and want to create an atmosphere of demand for their scholarships. I'm pretty sure if Kevin had indicated to them he'd like to play at Illinois they would have made the offer. Its all semantics of course but the fact is SLU out-recruited many good schools to get KL.

kevin indeed had the illini offer. he had an unofficial visit to champaign the week before his slu official visit, and i would bet that weber believed it was in the bag.