SMS joining in on the new arena bandwagon.

STLfan

Go to a game in West Pine and use the men's restroom, if you can get past the odor and the urine standing on the floor because the plumbing is backed-up. Ask some of the men's players about their lockerroom and shower facility - they have to step around the cockroaches when they change and shower. However, our statues are beautiful and we enjoy watching the physical plant workers plant flowers three times a year. These are all facts!

Marquette is a similar institution to SLU. They are surrounded by popular state schools in bigger conferences. They have the extra challenge of being in the shadow of Chicago. They play in a facility where they are second fiddle to a pro team.

Despite all of this, they've had a great deal of success without an on campus arena. They also have great student support. What they did do is build a state of the art practice facility for about 10% of the cost of an arena. This is where players and coaches spend 99% of their basketball time and has the biggest impact on recruiting. West Pine gym is the biggest problem with SLU basketball IMO.

SLU could already have the practice facility completed if they had started out with that plan.

Just give up the money ... if it's your donation you can earmark what it goes for .... between you and Tee ... we should be there, lets break ground tommorrow or do you need a couple of days to get the funds together.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

big talk for a putz on a message board. ... 105 row c seats 10 and 11 come on by and repeat that to my face ... but I seriously doubt you have the balls to come by my seat or any other poster's.

I'll keep the board updated ... I'm sure many would like to know if you really have balls or if I am right and you are just a tough talking wuss.

What is your point? Don't bring up the statues to make your point. How about all the money that was wasted on the business school addition/renovation? How about the funds wasted on expanding the law school? Or the parking garages? Who needs 'em? And can you believe the millions they wasted on the improved student housing!!!??? What really burns me up is that we are spending more on professors' salaries!! Can you believe Biondi put these things in front of athletics!?!?!?!? The shame!!!!!

>If not having a new arena means that the relative

>relationship between SMS and SLU remains - GOOD!!!

>

>I will take the research center over the arena any day, any

>time.

MSU aslo just got a Federal $ for a reseach center, something with homeland security

we are aslo building a New rec center :)

Wow, my statement hit a little close to home for some of you. What would you do if I came by. I hope your not suggestion some sort of violence. I would hope that a christian educated man would not have to resort to that. Well, look at who your president is. I love big tough internet bully.

so the only thing that the school is not doing to be competive and show confidence in the program is not building the arena, yet we see they are trying everything to get it done. the difference is we havent had the one big donator step forward. as far as has been publicized i believe shanahan's $1 million is still the biggest donation.

when you talked about problems i thought you were going to tell us something new and a real problem. not one that is constantly being worked on.

If you did come by and had the balls to say the things you did to my face I'd knock you on your ass ... that doesn't make me an internet bully, as I am readily available. It's ok though ... I know you won't. ... but you will probably keep posting on here calling names and spouting BS all in complete anonyminity.

Keep it up tough boy

Hell for all I know you are 6'5" 280 lb's of solid muscle ... maybe you'd come by and mouth off and I'd smack you and you'd teach me a lesson.

slu's arena i believe is projected to cost about $70 million.

the marquette facility cost $31 million.

http://www.marquette.edu/opa/newsroom/news/pr4103.shtml

so marquette practices for free very nicely but then they turn around and pay a huge lease to be the #3 tenant at the bradley center. sounds financially like a loser to me and they will still have the same scheduling problems that slu has now as well.

So do you think that someone who gives that amount or more to support the arena would have "tunnel vision"? If so, why would they support the arena in the first place? Why wouldn't all of their donations go stictly to academics?

The point is, it is not "tunnel vision" to support BOTH athletics and academics with the priority on academics. I actually supported the arena more than academics this year and, based on the pledge I made, will for the next several. But in terms of importance, I still put academics on top and I am sure in my lifetime giving, academics will come out on top.

That is all that I am saying. I am NOT dismissing or minimalizing the importance of athletics at SLU (obviously), but without the academic side, there is no athletic side.

I'm not the one calling people hypocritical racists ... lumping a whole group of people into one statement, people you don't even know ... all anonymously on an internet message board. Yea, you are a classy guy. Fact is you need a good ass whipping. Either shut up or be a man and say what you have to say in person. Tell me where to find you ... I'll come tell you what I think of you face to face.