TL and KL

slu72

I was really happy to see both of them have solid games. The more I see of Lisch the more impressed I become. Stepped up big time by knocking down those free throws. Nice to see Tommie become more aggressive offensively as he scored 8 points each half. Kudos go to Soderberg for not having the quick trigger, especially after Tommie gave up an offensive rebound. Allowed him to play through an error. No JJ, didn't really miss him though.

what a great game for lisch, liddell and vouyoukas. tommie carried us in the first half and continued to play well the whole game. i thought it was both liddell and lisch's best games yet. tommie played extremely hard defensively the whole game as well imo.

lisch becomes more and more the player i thought he would be every game. last night you saw more of the mid range game that really got him to slu in the first place.

i dont know what set ian off, but with about 7 minutes to go he was actually having a ho hum game, but then he just took over. dunston must have said something to p!ss him off! all at once he just took it up about 3 notches and just totally dominated the end of that game.

meyer showed he deserves that last spot. especially getting all those defensive rebounds.

polk came in in the second half and overall did a good job on their juan dixon clone, that anderson kid. that kid is a supreme shooter, and polk probably did the best job on him. but even more importantly, polk really revved the billiken engine and might have did the best job he has ever done running the point last night. now if he can just start making some outside shots as well!

dunston is a nice player. wouldnt the likes of him look nice beside ian! he stepped out a couple of times and drained 3's and then battled ian hard. up until the end of the game when ian went nuts, they were playing pretty even.

it was a very fun game imo. even the first half where we struggled to start the game, we did a lot of things right to stay with them until the second half explosion.

"And center Ian Vouyoukas, missing in action against St. Joseph's, responded to a second-half barb by Fordham forward Bryant Dunston and scored 16 points, muscling to the rim again and again for 12 in the second half.

Dunston "decided to challenge me and say I wasn't a good player, so I had to shut him up a little bit," Vouyoukas said.

Never kick a sleeping dog!