Their endurance is lacking

provos528

>The team's stamina seems to wane in the ending minutes of

>the game... They've got the skill to win, but this is the

>problem.

>

>Coach Brad should address this...

Next time the Bills play notice how the announcer tend to say things like this, coming into the game from wherever is 6'9 freshman whomever. Our guys are not being outclassed by the first 5. It's the calvary that is getting our guys. We just don't have the manpower at this point.

>>The team's stamina seems to wane in the ending minutes of

>>the game... They've got the skill to win, but this is the

>>problem.

>>

>>Coach Brad should address this...

>

>

>Next time the Bills play notice how the announcer tend to

>say things like this, coming into the game from wherever is

>6'9 freshman whomever. Our guys are not being outclassed by

>the first 5. It's the calvary that is getting our guys. We

>just don't have the manpower at this point.

I think the best we could do is experiment with different combinations of players keeping at least 2 of the starters then these 2 should be conditioned to play the whole game...

I don't remember Luke Meyer playing a second in the GW game...any ideas why not? Did they want three better ballhandlers in there with the pressure GW was supplying? If their endurance is lacking, it seems the bench would be extended a bit and Coach would utilize Luke.

I don't know Luke's status either. In another thread, I noted that he had a black splint clearly obvious on I believe his left ankle during the GeweDub game. I asked if that was there as a part of his hairline fracture from earlier this year, something new, or what. And no answer has come up. I can tell you that he didn't come close to even smelling the court at GeeDub ... which is really hard considering there is no room on the sidelines or baselines at the Smith Center. I don't knowhow Drejaj injured his ankle but it was on a defensive attempt to stop a semi-breakaway lay-up. He didn't do it and my eyes followed the ball through the hoop. Then, on the usual inbound, Tommie was geturing to the bench and pointing into the "stands." Id idn't know what it was until Drejaj was visible and clearly in pain.

The amount of distance between the end line and the first row of bleachers behind the basket at the Smith is easily covered in one athletic step at high speed. There is a gap directly behind the baskets but cameramen are usually in there for the television shots down the lane during free throws. That night was no different. I am guessing Drejaj must have hit something in jounreying into that recess.

Going to be interesting in this league. We have gained a lot of "band box" locales in this new one. The Smith Center qualifies as one of those boxes. I suspect there would have been a tremendous difference had we gone in there with ALL their students back in school. Attendance was only a little over 2,800.

conditioned and expecting anyone to play the entire game at the same level of productivity and quality is a lot to ask. not many players in the entire country do that.

that said, i have never been a fan of spreading minutes to the point that almost no one is even over 30 minutes a game. i agree the top players should be able to play at least that long.

>conditioned and expecting anyone to play the entire game at

>the same level of productivity and quality is a lot to ask.

>not many players in the entire country do that.

>

>

>that said, i have never been a fan of spreading minutes to

>the point that almost no one is even over 30 minutes a game.

> i agree the top players should be able to play at least

>that long.

For now the best we could do is time management, but I am pretty confident of the team as the season goes on..

I was just thinking what if George Washington played here in Savvis..we could have beaten these guys... Let's just look forward to a brighter future..