We Lost This Game

TheA_Bomb

I agree with you on Earl--I love listening to him, and his knowledge of hoops, especially the local scene is unmatched. Wiley, on the other hand, rarely has any insight and doesn't have a very smooth delivery on the air. He usually ends up repeating whatever Frank just said. It's just about unbearable to listen to those two together.

Frank does a great job reporting and anchoring a sportscast, but just doesn't quite have what it takes to do play-by-play.

we make 1 more FT in the first half then the last minutes of the 2nd half undoubtedly unfold differently. If we were winning by 1 with the ball and 20 seconds left GW obviously fouls us. Even if we hit both ends of the 1-1 they still have the ball with 20 seconds down by 3. Maybe the previous possession they shoot a three instead of the lay-up we gave them. Any million of things could have happened but it certainly can't be said that if we had just made one more free throw we would have won the game.

Maybe, maybe not.

Exactly. Maybe had we hit more free throws we would have been more complacent on defense, or maybe Danny Brown and Kevin wouldn't have hit their big threes down the stretch. You just don't know. I am of the belief that our young players and our coaching staff haven't yet figured out a way to win close games. This is becoming a very ugly pattern under Coach Soderberg.

I agree that both the players and coaches need to learn to win.

We have outscored our opponents in the first half in 11 of 14 games (11-3). We have outscored our opponents in the second half 5 times (5-9).

We have not yet won a game when we trailed at half.

We have lost 4 games that we have led at half.

I'll chalk it up to growing pains for now, but isn't this about the time of year that the national announcers start claiming that freshmen are no longer freshmen?