check out GWHOOPS,com

GOSLU68

Inside, GW only really has Pops. I have yet to see Regis (Transfer), so I can't really comment. However, Carl Elliot is their shortest Starter at 6-4, Then Omar is 6-9, J.R. is 6-5, Hall is 6-8, and Pops is 6-9. SLU has Ian at 6-10 and JJ at 6-8. However Lisch and AD are only 6-2, and TL is 6-4. For now, consider the Centers (Pops and Ian) to default each other out. Then the rest is going to be SLU Hustle to make up for the size advantage when it comes to the boards.

Consider Omar what we dream for JJ to be (+ more ball movement). Mike Hall is a Big Guy who can shoot. JR is their Tommie, but better (at this point). And Elliot reminds me a lot of a better version of John Redden.

If I had to do matchups. Ian on Pops, JJ on Hall (If we still had Izik, this would be a great matchup), TL on Omar, AD/KL on JR, and DB/KL on Carl Elliot.

When GW is on Offense, I expect Pops to prove to be a handful with Ian. In the few SLU games I have seen since the Ian rebirth this season, he seems to struggle on D with the more agile big men, and that is all that Pops is. Pops is flat out good. I would rather have Ian on a team, since he is just an inside presence. However, Pops is better at creating his own opportunities. At first, I thought of having JJ guard Pops (For Fouls and Quickness), but then I have to ask who would Ian guard.

I expect Ian to score in Double figures. However, Brad should be screaming into Tommie's ear this week, SLASH TO THE BASKET. GW will foul. GW also is a team that talks some ###### on the court, so SLU will need to keep tempers in check.

I don't know who to start for SLU. My debate is between Lisch and Brown, I may go with Brown just to keep his confidence some, and then see which guard is struggling on Offense. I would like Lisch's D, but I think Danny may be more adept to the GW style of basketball if they control the tempo.

If I were Brad, I would honestly take a page out of last year's book just for this game. Slow the game down to a excrutionating pace. GW will hate it, get frustrated, and try to force things (and they will make stupid mistakes). SLU cannot cannot cannot run with GW. If an opponent runs, GW just GRINS. That is their game.

We got to remember, we are relying heavily on 2 freshman and a sophomore. GW is relying on 4 Seniors and a Junior that has NBA potential. Don't play their game. They will win.

SLU can take this game, but I am doubting it to be honest. GW is older, more talented, and coming off a wake up call. If Brad can figure out something to mess them up like he did Gonzaga, I think that is best opportunity for SLU to win. Karl Hobbs can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Think of him like a nicer version of Quin. Can recruit like crazy, but little strategy in the game itself.

I will be there. However, I will be surprised if SLU pulls out a win.

Looking at SignGuy's post, I worry about how our bigs seem to be taught to play defense.

I hate, let me repeat HATE, the way our bigs, if their guy is 15 from the goal and gets the ball, our bigs run to the guy, run to the guy.

Make the sob make the 15' jump shot, give them some space out htere.

But we run to them, and then as I have seen too many times, the opponent puts the ball on the floor and we either foul right there, or grab as they go past or they get an uncontested dunk/layup.

This Pops guy, that I have never seen, seems like the dude to milk this style of defense for about 35 points and 9 or 10 SLU fouls.

I don't understand it either. The guy who runs it has been running it for a long time, and he programs it himself, so I think he has the skills to make a better one. However, I think of it like you being stuck in the "Guestbook" format of your old site but kept updating it for new technologies.

At the NCAA Tournament last year, I actually met him (we were some of the few GW fans there). They seem to be okay with it, but it drives me nuts (and it seems to have double posts out of the wazoo).