i just noticed

siu hasnt lost since the billikens. they are now the only undefeated team in the mvc and their rpi is down to 56. that will likely turn into a really good win for the billikens.

also, i read mike dale just quit the team. that is too bad.

You gotta tip your hat to the MVC. They had a great non-conference season and are in line for 3+ births in the NCAAs. The thing that could hurt them is they are so strong from top to bottom and they all will beat up on eachother. As such, the 4th place team in the MVC may be compared to a similar 4th or 5th place team from a BCS conference and it will be hard for them to overcome that bias.

actually since the mvc started conference play, their sos has plummeted. weird stuff. i dont pretend to even understand how that sos and rpi thing works. but their sos out of conf is now down to the 20th ranked conf. and their conf rpi is down to 5th and i would bet that both the big 12 and the pac 10 will yet pass them up.

that is weird. I always thought once conference play starts, your conference rpi ranking stays where it's at. Maybe some of that has to do with the MVC starting conference play before other conferences? While they start playing each other the Big Ten, etc or playing tough Non-Conf games. I don't know, seems fishy.

they started a week or two earlier then everybody else. While they are beating eachother up and half of the league gets a loss every night the Big 10 etc. is still winning at a .750 pace.

It should even out over the long haul. They may drop a little from here but probbaly won't fall far. its hard to imagine they don't get at least 3 teams in.

Unless they beat up on each other and end up with only 1 or 2 teams with gaudy records then they could find themselves not with 3 bids. The other thing that can go against them is that if there are a number of upsets in the conf. tourney games and teams who would not get in end up winning their tourney. But that can happen any year.