Home Court Advantage???

Teams are supposed to have a feel for their own rims at home right? Obviously we don't. This is two home games in a row where our touch is terrible. When our center, who doesn't play more that 5 feet from the basket, goes 3-10 and 4-10 there is a seriously problem on the horizon. (granted I think Ian played strong tonite)

Iowa shot us out of the building tonight. They hit every open look they had, it was impressive, but if we just hit HALF of the open looks we got, we would have won this game. It looked like Iowa got here yesterday and had a shootaround (at Savvis), and we on the other hand, were here all week and shot around at West Pine and clearly couldn't make a shot at Savvis.

Isn't there ANY WAY that we can maybe get practice at the Savvis? We get to these rims and this court and it looks like we have an away game feel every time.

I also think the fans were awesome tonight, but it goes to show you that excitement and encouragement do not make shots drop.

... but I have always said that Savvis is NOT our home. Sure, we play our home games there but what do we get .... an hour or so pregame to shoot around? Maybe two hours? To me, this is not the same as the story on Dickau having a key to the Gonzaga gym and going in there at all hours of the day, night and weekends to shoot around and get the "feel" down. To me, Savvis is no more a home than the St. Chuck arena is. We are and always have been orphans in our own town. That's one of the the main reasons I want our own arena .....

I understand what you are saying but our players have played at the Savvis and shot at the rims more than Iowa has so to say we do not get a chance to have enough times to get the feel of the rims is kind of silly. If Iowa can hit the shots with just one 45 min. shoot around then why can not we after having played numerous games and having several shoot arounds. One thing I noticed last night and I will admit I have never really paid that much attention to it but I watch Iowa warm up before both halves and they took the shooting much more seriously - they made most of their shots but when I looked at the Bills, they looked like they had no real interest and were just flinging the ball up and if it went in ok and if it did not ok too. I saw our guys missing layups during the warm up as well as clinking shots from the outside. I am not trying to say this is any great discovery but if practice makes perfect then what happend last night was clearly seen in the warm ups.

... no shooters. I know there are some who are saying all of us who knocked AD need to send him an apology but to me AD was still not the answer. Sure, not having him deletes one option, our only senior option, and that hurts. But he still wasn't the answer.

The education of Saint Louis University basketball continues.

We are young. I was pissed at all of the negative Dreja posting preseason. Now it is obvious we miss him. Dreja plays last night, we win. Not a knock on the young guys because I am crzy stoked about next year, but we would have hit a couple more threes and not givin up 10.