Enough about Morrison

a10billman

morrisson hasn't been stopped all year. Why should tonight be any different. What I want to know is can we stop Batista?

Polk and Cespedes should be a fun match up. To speedy small point guards.

What are people thoughts on the other match ups?

Vtime you seem to be good at breaking things down

First I'm wondering if Knight is playing because he's a load. The guy everyone seems to be forgetting is freshman McDonald's All-American Jeremy Pargo. He will play a lot of pg. With him in the backcourt with Pargo, they will be so dangerous. Pargo can shoot, but will lot to penetrate and dish to anyone. They all can shoot. If we establish Ian, he can cancel out of Ian. There is no reason for Mallon to get the best of JJ. He is a former walk-on who can shoot, but wouldnt be starting if Knight were healthy. Liddell cant stop Morrison, but Morrison cant stop Liddell either and Tommie has the potential to get Morrison out of the game if he attacks him off the dribble. Drejaj just has to make Raivio put the ball on the floor. He let his man from Kennesaw State torch him by thinking he was close enough to challenge the shot and living with it. He has to MAKE him put the ball on the floor. I think Polk will have more trouble with Pargo than their starting pg. Polk just needs to stay in front of their pgs and that would help a ton.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/sports/mcdall...eam_roster.html

no pargo.

i didnt think he was because lisch was higher rated than pargo in illinois all state teams.

v, i didnt question it to show you up. it is just that the mcd's game is normally considered the top high school all-american team and that more or less cements a players place as a top 25 player. i didnt remember pargo being that highly rated so it took me by surprise to hear you say that.

that said, in the three gonzaga games i have watched on tv, pargo has indeed played very well with tons of confidence and production. he is a very nice player already as a freshman!

There is no stopping Morrison. He's going to score unless he's cold. TL should take it to him. The knock on him is his D. Stopping Ravio and Batista will be where the game is won or lost or at least competitive. Put KL on Ravio and of course IV on Batista. This will be another good test for IV. If zaga watched the UNC tapes, they should pound it inside like the Heels did in the second half with Hansboro. JJ could be the key as he will have to help IV.

Our starting lineup should be:

Raivio

PMAC (Pierre-Marie Altidor-Cespedes)

Morrison

Mallon

Batista

If healthy, Knight would start at the two in place of PMAC. He is definitely a wing, but has only played 2 and 4 minutes in the last two games - his only action this season as he recovers from knee surgery. Mallon started last year with Turiaf before Batista emerged. Although he has not been as aggressive as the staff would like, his likely replacement in the starting lineup, Heytvelt, is out with a broken ankle. Pendergraft is our all hustle right guy, and at 6'5", an undersized 4, where he has played all year. Pendo probably deserves a start, but I don't see it happening.

Pargo will be a good one, but has not shot well this year. (He was on MTV's StreetBall, for Chicago vs. NYC). But gives us great penetration as aggressiveness.

Yeah I saw him on the show along with Nate Minnoy who is a freshman at Purdue. The guy from that show I'm interested in was Josh Parker who made the final 12, but not the final 10 for Team Chicago and they admitted the only reason he was cut was because he was young and another chance in the future. He was only 16. I would love for someone to find some info on him. Probably a junior in high school this year.