My opinion on things...

SluSignGuy

I am not a baby sitter.

I just wrote and deleted a classic, this is what Steve thinks of the situation, but it was a little too much fluff. So I am just going to do some quick harsher bullets.

-Have fun with the message board and sometimes take things with a grain of salt

-Before posting something, ask yourself, are you just trying to stir a reaction from someone or are you actually contributing to the dicussion of Billiken Basketball

-----If the former....Don't Click "Post Message"

-Sometimes posters need to understand that other posters don't always have to be positive; there is room for speculation; and just because someone is new doesn't mean they don't know anything.

-Sometimes new posters need to treat online communities like other communities. When you move into a new neighborhood, you don't go in a new neighbor's house and say their living room carpet sucks.

-If you are a SLU Player, I know how tempting it must be to read this board, but listen to your Coach and DON'T. Every one of you will be criticized on this board. Every single one of you will be praised. BUT our opinions don't matter. We are a bunch of guys on the sidelines who spend too much of our free time trying to figure out why you decided to wear a blue headband instead of white.

-I am not saying I am above criticism (I can take it, and use it to shape better my decisions), but when has anyone gotten their agenda anywhere by insulting the owner of the place?

Looking forward to seeing Liddell, Lisch, and everyone else for the first time of the year.

Good points Steve. I hope the players don't read this board, but imagine the temptation to be too much to pass up an occasional glance or two. To any players that do sneak a peek, ignore us. What the hell do we know? The closest most of us have been to the rigors of D1 hoops is the row Q, seat 25, behind some guy that won't sit down. That said, we ARE Billiken Fanatics and only wish the best for UB and his squad. However, Steve, I do think we should have the monitors at least warn posters when a poster is putting up the dreaded "Heard it through the grapevine" post about a player's personal life. This is truly an out of bounds, triple bogey, airball type post. I took a trip over to Tigerboard this morning just to gloat on Mizzery's latest bout of misery. I know I'm a sicko, but can't help relishing in this their paybacks are a bi**h period, since they have decided to keep us off their schedule. Right at the top Nick said "No Rumors will be tolerated" or something like that. Any poster starting a rummor related to personal matters would be banned for a week. I don't think that's a bad idea. The issues related to Billiken hoops is fair game here, but these should include pro and anti discussion of team performance, individual's performance, coaching decisions, recruiting needs, etc. Crap like whose sister has the hots for who, or a player's purported academic troubles, or the rumored meddling of a parent should be strictly taboo. This is hearsay BS we don't need to dig into. If this board ever develops into a "celebrity watch" gossip mill, I'm outta here.