The Pac-10 expand to 12 NOW!(Non SLU topic)

BLIKNS

Right now the BCS stands for Bunch of Crap System IMO.USC and the Pac 10 gets punished for not having a championship game(LSU got an extra game against a quality opp.)so while SC is the new #1 team in the country,they are on the outside looking in.So who are the likely new members?Utah,San Diego State,BYU?No holding back against Michigan,Fight On!

The BCS System sucks, as this was not the 1st time that this happened. NCAA does crown a true Champion in basketball, but unless they institute at least an 8 team playoff, they might as well still have a mythical National football champion. If USC beats Michigan then we will definitely have two No. 1's. Go figure computer honks!!!

As a Sooner fan I of course like the way it turned out. At the same time I was embarrassed by their play Sat. Once they got down they seemed to fold. Where was that intensity they showed all year.

In a way I can see why OU should not be in the Championship game. History says when your loss happens counts.

On the other hand all 3 have 1 loss and USC's was to a weal Cal team while OU's was to the #15 team in the country, which was a championship game that USC didn't have to play... who is probably better than that # right now. Also the conference schedule in the Big 12 is far better than in the PAC 10. How does anyone know that USC could have gotten through a schedule of

Non Conf

Alabama on the road

UCLA Bowl Team

North Tex. Bowl Team

Fresno St. Bowl Team

Conference

Texas #6

K St. #8 or 10

Ok St #20-22

Mizzou Bowl Team

Texas Tech Bowl Team

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

My BCS solution, for what it is worth....

the conference champions from 9 12 team conferences plus a wild card determined by poll average are considered 'championship eligible' (the conferences would include CUSA, WAC and MAC, so really, everyone starts out with a chance, win your conf, you get to play)

Based on a 'Championship Poll Average' the top six teams are tiered in the four major BCS bowls, with the other two spots determined by a playoff the previous week amongst the low average conf. champs and the wildcard.

the bcs games are played, and three are added in the next two weeks..there is your playoff

now, larger bowls could affiliate with the BCS to create the championship alliance or new ones could be created, either way, you are keeping the integrity of the current bowl system, and allowing for more bowls to be created

my two cents...i'm also trying to get selig to sell the expos to portland, move them to the AL WEST and create four four team divisions in each league to eliminate the wildcard

oh well

Whatever you do ... a playoff is needed ... a case can be made for all 3 of the teams.

All conferences need to either have or not have a championship game ...

Next the 2nd best team from some conferences are far supperior than the champion of other ... for instane the Champ from CUSA would be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in the Big 12

They will have to start the playoffs earlier because 12 or 16 teams will take 4 rounds.

I say 16 teams start with the smaller bowls and work towards the bigger bowls it is 13 games ... rotate the championship between the majors. First it will create more interest for the lesser bowls as it is do or die for your team and there will be a top 8 team in each game.

The bowls that are not included can still have a game with Bowling Green and Kansas or whatever.

Either way the BCS doesn't work. A playoff is needed

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

there is no reason their is not a playoff. at least 4 teams perferably 8. those worried about the kids missing school, well they sure dont worry about the basketball team missing a month in march.