Even the UNC fans admit the refs biased.

STLfan

Well some of them do anyway.

http://mb14.scout.com/finsidecarolinafrm6....cID=97813.topic

"i'm embarrassed at the dook-esque calls we got tonight..."

"we got a little home cooking tonight."

"We caught a couple of breaks from the crew"

"We got a lot of calls tonight. That's for sure."

On a side note this was my first time being able to actually see the billikens this year. We have a good team and our future looks bright. While I think we are going to have a good year this year next year is when I think it will all come together. IV will be a senior, the other players will have another year under their belts, Obi will be back, and TL and KL will have there freshman season's over with. Not to mention any other players we pick up in the off season. Reading other message boards it seems like other A10 teams are starting to realize that we aren't going to be a bottom tier team this season. I hope we can steal one vs. Iowa or Gonzaga. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. Right now I am guessing we are an NIT team with a chance at making the tournament if everything works out. Then again I tend to be an optimist when it comes to the sports teams that I like.

Looking ahead to next year is probably a little silly at this point, but I find myself doing it also. It might have something to do with having a better than projected team this year with some very young players. My one concern for us to be a NCAA tourny team next year is outside shooting. As I posted elsewhere this morning, I am concerned by DM's performance at the Shootout-not just his lack of scoring but more importantly his lack of effort on Defense. If that's his game then he is NOT the answer as our deep threat next year. Hell, he won't even be in the game if he won't or can't defend.

What concerns me is that we appear to have invested all our chips in him as the outside shooter in next year's recruiting class, and plan on using our remaining scholarships for big men. Since AD is currently our most effective threat from 3-land and he is gone next year, I think we need to bring in a real shooter who can contribute immediately-even if that means JUCO. ( By the way, I think we will also miss AD's fire and leadership next year) Just think how good we would be this year with a Clagett/Highmark/Waldman type 3-point shooter and the same goes for next year. I do look for KL to be a better shooter as he gets more comfortable and hope DP regains his "V" touch, but another really, really good marksman could do big things for the Bills and if DM isn't that man then go get one Brad.

I've got to believe that Kevin will be out outside threat next year. Also Luke. Maybe Polk, if he can find his jumper. Tommie will hit a few. If Dustin can be better than just, next year's Drew Deiner, we'll be alright. I'm still more concerned about a power forward. Obi and JJ are it next year. Not that Va'shun is that much help in the middle......

i have said from day one i question mcgwire, but i am willing to wait and see. he can shoot, and on a team where he wont be the focus and he has a higher level of guards to set him up, who knows. i agree on the defense though. i questioned in the spring what his defense would be as he had never played on the wing before this past summer as far as i know. give it time. with players like lisch and liddell that are so good with the ball and will undoubtedly draw doubles and help, a standup shooter like mcgwire might be a huge success. look at novak from marquette who has made a living just waiting for catch and shoot scenarios to come his way. it is a whole different game at the next level

as to any sort of question about where a future billiken shooter is going to come from, i believe lisch and brown will both progress. they both have excellent form and the skills to create their own space. did you know that luther head shot under 30% as a freshman from 3 point land. and even as late as his junior year was still not shooting 35%. players develop.