Luke Meyer

davidlee

as reported by haeff MU on the tigerboard:

Luke Meyer and Borgia

Looked very impressive in dismantling Mexico tonight. Mexico doesn't have a strong team this year, but Meyer was just a man among boys out there. I'm not sure about his lateral quickness, but other than that he looks to have a pretty complete game, hitting from outside, mid-range and layups. Luke had several steals (Borgia's defense stymied Mexico all night), rebounds, and assists to go along with probably 30+ points (I wasn't keeping track of stats). Plus he threw out the balls to the team for the half-time shootaround. Borgia won by a score of something like 91-46.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is great news. Luke has been the less heralded recruit so far, but he's really kicked butt this season. I have heard a lot of positive things about his game and look forward to seeing him in a Bills uniform more and more.

How about our other recruits? Has their season not started yet? We have had numerous updates on Luke, but I haven't seen anything on Dwayne or Tommie. Any information out there?

I think it was just last week that someone (it may have been Jalensdad) commented about a monster tourney that Tommie had somewhere over on the Eastside. I don't think that there is a worry about Tommie's playing ability at all. We just need to pray that he becomes academically eligible for next year.

I am anxious for a report on a positive report on D. Polk. If his kneecap is healed then Brad has a heckuva recruiting class going, and all we may need is a stud power forward to cement it.

Well if you guys knew it or not, I'm actually a native of Mexico and actually still live/work there. I was going to go to the game, but I decided to head to St. Louis after work that night to make sure I would definitely be able to get to the SLU/Arizona game on time...my first as a SLU alum. I listened to the game (on our sister station) as I drove to Stl though and I was VERY impressed with Luke. He was involved in every play it seemed and he never missed an open 3. Even if he does have a slow release, if you set him up for an open shot, he'll nail it almost every time. He scored 36 points in the game...not bad no matter how good or bad your competition is!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer