Inside info

i wouldnt be a good recruiter because i wouldnt recruit negative. at least not until the opposing coach started it and even then probably not.

To me pointing out to a recruit that another coach is a bad game coach or program is in bad shape, is negative recruiting but not really a bad thing. What I think probably crosses the line are when things are said that the recruit or his family cannot really verify by watching the program. Things like:

--That coach will leave for a better job soon or I have heard him begging for the HC jobs a these major conference schools. He is in with the big contributors at this other school and will be jumping there soon.

--The NCAA is looking into that school, it is not in the news yet, but they might be on probation while you are there.

--That school puts their athletics or minority athletics into easy classes, they don't care about your education only that you stay eligible.

--Do you know they are recruiting a hs jr or freshman JUCO for your position and from what that player is saying he is their #1 priority. They are already over-recruiting you.

To me these are examples of negative recruiting that another school could use. These are all things that put seeds of doubt in a recruit's mind and then makes it more of a which coach do you trust more. Unfortunately a lot of the slick salesman types also come off as very trustworthy.