irons takes shot at the billikens

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say just about every public institution in america accepts correspondence courses for credit. It's no different than accepting AP courses for college credit, so why should you look down upon mizzou? I'm not sure, but I would not at all be surprised if SLU accepted correspondence credits.

I think you're taking an unfair potshot at Mizzou right there. Just because you don't hear about the many scholar athletes at mizzou who do manage to keep up their grades, and perform athletically at a high level, doesn't mean that they don't exist. Sure, Clemons and Pulley are blemishes on the program, as they would be on any program- but how many other situations like this can you mention? AJ and Rickey Paulding certainly aren't failing their classes. Brad Smith, AJ Ricker, and Rob Droege don't seem to be having many problems. Mizzou is not well known for any sort of academic fraud, and pending the finalization of this NCAA investigation, it doesn't seem as though we will be known for any sort of academic fraud.

wouldn't except a person who had a JUCO degree, that included correspondence courses, provided that they had the prerequisite GPA.

I'm sorry, but you have no proof that SLU has not admitted ONE student who took a correspondence course. I find that highly improbable.

it would be interesting to find out if slu would accept a marginal scored gpa and act test applicant from a juco that earned half of their credits via correspondence courses.

now if we are talking about an existing slu student in good standings taking a single course over the summer via some sort of home study/correspondence course, that might happen depending on the class, but i would be shocked to hear that the borderline juco student could get in as described above. let's not forget slu wouldnt even accept brandon morris who met ncaa guidelines without the benefit of correspondence courses this past summer. why would you think they would take a clemons like applicant?

like i said, if we are talking about 1 or 2 fill in classes over a 4-5 year college career for an existing student in good standings, i would agree on some classes. an elective for example. but when you are talking about half of a students transferable transcript being earned in 6 weeks, i am shocked you are even trying to throw defenses out.

again, a big difference between one course and half of one's transcript which was earned in a 6 week period from 3 separate institutions. come on.

I have to admit, my friends would do the same thing and perhaps worse. They would have approached it differently, but nevertheless, wouldn't hesitate to screw with me. You have to understand, that posting is one-dimensional. I have run into problems before because things are taken the wrong way. There is no body language, there is no voice inflection, there is no history, etc. That being said, I can see it the other way as well.

I never said they would accept clemons. You were just looking down on Mizzou. You called it a "correspondence school" because they accept correspondence courses. Correspondence courses aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination. a friend of steve and mine took some correspondence courses in High school, and now he's a freshman at Wash. U. I'm not certain if they accepted his credits, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

friends would never go out of their way to embarrass another over the internet on the pride and joy of the other's work and life. you will quickly learn here that one thing unofficially not tolerated here by the membership is going after steve. a good natured poke occasionally is one thing. an all day display like you pulled yesterday was a little excessive imo. as usual the board rose up and defended steve as we should.

24 credits were in question. if you figure 12 credits a semester x 4 = 48 total credits for two years worth of credits to transfer.

but there was also the barton county last minute credits as well that were earned at the same time as the others. thus the total questionable credits.