Practice mini-report

bauman

Was able to stop by Bauman-Eberhardt a few times this week for short periods and based on that limited amount of time here are a few thoughts.

IV is slimmed down and playing very aggressively-he and BH are waging a war in the post and BH looks much improved also.

Don't see how KL can be kept out of the starting lineup and/or playing major minutes. He does it all including shooting the trey VERY well. I only hope he and AD don't kill each other-hard fouls on every play.

TL--nothing to add--he is the real deal.

Obi can't run or jump yet-it seems like his knee will need a lot more time to rehab.

VN--much stronger, more aggressive and a much better shooter than last year (although he fooled me during early workouts last year). Also rebounding extremely well.

JJ looks like he has decided to play this year. Shooting, defense and rebounding all look much improved.

DB, DP and AD look somewhat improved but they didn't standout in the limited amount of time I watched them.

A sidenote, TT of the PD was there today although I didn't see him taking any notes.

He certainly looked like he has improved a great deal since last year. However, I can't annoint him as the next great Billiken center (wait who was the last great Bills center) until he plays against actual opposition. He is in much better shape than last year, but I still don't see any real ability to get up in the air. Most of the rebounds I have seen have come from the fact that the coaches are allowing mayhem to occur under the boards. If he plays like that in games he will only play 10 minutes a contest.

He has always shown skill around the basket with the ball and I think he is even better this year shooting. At this point I am encouraged.

Wait a minute ... he averaged about 10 pts and 7 rbs last year as a starter and is clearly in much better shape than last year. Unless he is seriously injured there are very few teams in Div 1 that he would only play 10 minutes a game for. What kind of vertical do you want a 6' 10 or 11" 265lb center to have? What kind of vertical do you think Shaq has.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman